XIX

"Stars shine the brightest when they're dying."

Onika Tanya Maraj

"Nah he looks like a trust fund baby." Onika said as she looked at the people at their beach club.

Her and Beyoncé were on break and were playing eye-spy but with rich people.

"I spy..something orange." Beyoncé said and Onika scouted around. "You gotta be more specific every unless you mean tht guys tan." Onika said grinning and Beyoncé tried to hold in her laugh.

"I actually did—okay your turn." She said nudging okay.

"Okay—I spy..something—hazel—and—really pretty.Onika said looking at Beyonces side profile and Beyoncé looked around. She couldn't see anything hazel to be specific.

"I don't see anything." Beyoncé said shrugging—Onika blushed slightly and looked away. "N-Nothing. You wanna go watch old people get mad at Nate for being good at golf?" Onika asked and Beyoncé nodded grinning.

The two had fun on their break together, and even when Onika had to return to her post she was always waving and smiling at Beyoncé.

As evening approached and their shift was over Onika made her way to the employee lockers to wash off sand she got everywhere.

As she got dressed she heard her phone buzz—and she swiped up to see who it was from.

Ming

Don't forget u have NA tonight
ight ily

She frowned at it—she hated attending NA and it felt disrespectful at this point because she knew she couldn't stay away from drugs.

She got another message at that same time.

Lauren

i got new stock
come over when u want

Onika felt her senses heighten at the thought of what Lauren was talking about.

But at the same time—she's been meaning to talk to her about something. she quickly grabbed her stuff and when she walked outside the locker rooms she saw a innocently smiling Beyoncé.

"Hey—you alright?" Beyoncé asked Onika and the shorter girl felt like a deer caught in headlights.

"I—I'm great. I'm just on my way to somewhere—important." Onika stammered and Beyoncés smile dropped a bit.

"O-Oh okay I wanted to see if you wanted to go out to this newly opened diner—it has all the food I know you like so.." Beyoncé trailed off and Onika immediately starting feeling bad.

She took Beyonces hand which caused the taller girl to look up.

"We can hang out again soon —I promise." Onika said with her pinky held out. "You've been there for me these past few weeks and we haven't really done anything fun so I apologize for that." Onika said.

"Being around you when you're happy is fun within itself. Don't worry about me I know you have alot on your plate." Beyoncé said. She did miss hanging out with Onika independently but—she held out-for her.

"I'll see you tomorrow alright?" Beyoncé said and Onika nodded. "Tomorrow."

.
.
.

Onika Tanya Maraj

Onika felt Lauren's hands trail her stomach  as she laid on her back.

It was around 12 am and Onika was at Laurens house yet again.