Is he dead?

MK was lying asleep in his bed, despite it being made out of wood. He would never anticipate that the cushions in here were so nice and comfortable. He shifted onto his back, face towards the ceiling. He opened his eyes to be greeted with Wukongs cheeky grin. 'AAAH' Mk jumped, there wasn't a lot of room on the bed so he fell. "Good Morning Kiddo!" Wukong's tail wrapped around MK's foot tossing him back into the air but landed back on the bed. "Get up, get dressed, and get going! We have the training to do!"  the monkey said. "What time is it?..." asked MK who was rubbing his eyes and yawning. "4:30, nice and early." "What about breakfast?.." Wukong crossed his arms and tilted his head. "I already ate." MK stood there dumbfounded...

"No, I mean what do I get to eat.."

"Oh," He pulled out a piece of his hair throwing it onto the nightstand then it turn into a plate of waffles. MK looked at the waffles nervously, "Uhmm..." While leaving the room "Just don't think about it." In the hallway, Wukong stopped in front of a spare room. He stared at the doorknob, hesitating if he would dare to open it. "Macaque..." He remembered his previous thoughts about forgetting him entirely but there was a strong urge to go inside. A new thought popped into his head, 'whatever shape the room is in I can replace whatever thought of him with something new.' He opened the door expecting to be greeted with the smell of mangos but instead, it was blood. His fight or flight response was active by the smell and swung the door open. 

There were claw marks all over the walls and floors, the bed was broken, the mattress was ripped open. The smell of blood came from the wall, he turned his head to get a better look at it and saw it was a huge splatter of blood. On the nightstand, there was a broken photo frame of him and Macaque. He picked up the photo of the younger two monkeys. He stared at the photo letting memories of his best friend flood back into his mind. "Macaque..." 

"Wow...this room looks awful," A voice came from behind him. The startled monkey quickly turned around hiding the photo. MK stood there in the doorway taking in the view. " and smells extremely bad. It looked like a wild animal attacked here." MK put his arm up to cover his nose. 'An animal?' Wukong thought. 'Yes...an animal, a wooden creature attacked part of the cabin.' Wukong walked towards MK, "That could have happened, this place hasn't been touched in years. Well besides me, of course." He placed a hand on MK's shoulder guiding him out of the room. "You been making sure this house is clean?" MK asked, "Well yeah, I had to make sure it was clean for my next successor " He grinned, closing the door behind them. "Then why not that room?" Wukong paused for a moment, 'After all these years returning to this place, why is it now that he had an urge to go back into Macaque's room.' ... "Well, I guess I just forgot. Oh well, now kid I got a lesson to teach you." 

_______________________________________________

A few hours passed, MK was all tired out from the training he was doing. He laid on the ground legs apart breathing heavily. He faced the sunset smiling. "Good job kid, you're making good progress." The monkey fell from the sky and landed next to the kid, sitting down beside him. The two watched the sun drift downwards not saying anything to each other. MK was about to get up until he heard a loud BOM as if a bomb had gone off, both of them jumped up from their spot. In the distance, they saw black smoke. Both of them looked at each other before rushing to the scene. Once they got there they saw Macaque on one of his knee's blood coming from his forehead, facing the ground. He was shaking violently, coughing, and gasping for air. He soon fell to the ground unable to move any part of his body. 

MK, who hated his guts suddenly felt bad for him. He gave Wukong a hesitant look before running towards Macaque. "KID!" The monkey called after him, he quickly turned his head to see another demon heading their way. He quickly rushed over to MK picking him up with his tail and rushing back away from Macaque. "M-Monkey King! Wait!... Macaque!" 

"What about him?!"

"We need to go help him!"

Wukong paused looking at the kid then back at the shaking monkey. "Why?" MK wiggled out of Wukong's tail grip. "Because..." He looked back at Macaque who was on the verge of tears trying to stand up. "He's...He...I...WE JUST CAN'T LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS!" MK shouted at him then ran back to Macaque. Wukong ran after MK, the demon had gotten to Macaque first and kicked him in the stomach. The action made Wukong's heart twist in an unfamiliar feeling. "Stop!" MK called out to the monster. While running towards the monster MK summoned the staff. He lifted the staff over his shoulder as if he was holding a baseball bat. He swung the staff hitting the demon away from Macaque. The demon flew backward hitting a tree. When Wukong got there he glared down at Macaque who hadn't moved since he got kicked. "Okay, Macaque. What did you do now?" Wukong crossed his arms waiting for a response. But nothing came out, he laid there, lifeless. MK bent down reaching for him, "Kid, don't touch him he's probably trying to trick you." but MK didn't listen, he placed two fingers on the side of his neck waiting to feel a pulse. There was silence, Wukong who tried his best to ignore the tightening pain in his chest. The longer he stared at Macaque a fit of uncertain anger built up in him.

"Monkey King..."  Wukong snapped out of his thoughts. "Yeah?" there was another pause.

"He isn't breathing..."