Chapter E; Grand finale

Start from the beginning

Camilla laughs and it sounds just as evil as it did ten minutes ago. Astrid is surprised, and disappointed at herself. How could she not have seen through this girl before? But she still believes that not all of it was a lie. Nobody can pretend for that long and so well. Surely Camilla must've let go and just allowed their friendship to happen, since it was of benefit to her. Nobody can pretend for that long, not even half psychopaths like her. Even though they are, and will never be best friends again, the old Camilla will always have a space in her heart.

"You are a funny girl Astrid"

As her eyes have gotten used to the darkness, Astrid can see Camilla chuckling softly on the couch while the other roommates almost look uncomfortable, but laugh with her. It's a pitiful sight for the roommates, but quite a powerful sight considering the strength that Camilla has over those girls. Eventually the brunette stands up, still recovering from her laughing, and slowly but steadily makes her way towards Astrid, swaying from side to side. Astrid swears that she doesn't fear her, but Camilla has got something about her right now that makes her more terrifying than Astrid could ever have imagined her be.

Eventually she stops when her face is right in front of her, Camilla's one hand resting on the backrest of Astrid's chair. The black haired girl keeps a strong face, a brave look, but shivers run down her spine. She has always been good at being cold and serious, good at being patient and calm but never good at being brave. This moment is a breakthrough for her, no matter how scared she feels on the inside. Camilla smiles, but it's so non genuine it seems angrier than a frown.

"But honestly, not funny enough"

The smile falls from her face. Astrid doesn't have time to brace for the impact, not before she is slapped. Exactly at the same spot the other girls slapped her juts a few minutes ago. Her face snaps to the side. She doesn't make a sound, but it's almost like the light dies from her eyes. But Astrid only smiles. With empty eyes she smiles, and slowly looks straight back up at Camilla. The brunette doesn't seem to care. Astrid doesn't care about the fact that she doesn't care.

"It's sweet Camilla-"

She chuckles.

"It's sweet that you care so much about hiding our friendship, you'd hit me just to keep your true feelings a secret"

The silence is thick, and the room practically freezes to ice. It's almost like the the girls in the room hold their breaths, waiting for something to happen. Astrid is afraid too. Her words were meant to target Camilla, were meant to piss her off and make her angry beyond belief. She wanted to hurt her like she had hurt her. She wanted to gain the upper hand in a situation where she is tied down to a chair and outnumbered by a tenfold. But it's so f*cking dangerous it has her heart in her throat. Every moment that Camilla stays silent feels like a moment closer to death.

It wasn't even anything mean that she told Camilla. It was just targeted. It was just annoying. And it was a straight hit upwards.

When she feels a hand in her hair, that's when she regrets it. Astrid isn't really someone searching for pain, now is she? God, where are the others in this situation?

Just as she thought about it, and just as Camilla's hand tightened around her hair, a frantic knocking is heard on the door. Everything stops for two seconds, before falling into panic. Camilla's hand leaves her hair, and the brunette is gone as fast as she came. Someone else is in front of her, and suddenly there is a hand over her mouth. The room seems almost darker than before, as everyone runs around and hides away, leaving the dorm seemingly empty. Camilla takes a seat at the edge of the couch and just waits, a weird smile on her face.