Chapter O; A piano's tune

"Not a lottery winner"
3

🎹

"Wake up b*tch, it's time for school. Without an education you'll end up just like us"

Genevieve snaps her eyes open to the sound of her alarm. It rings a quiet but annoying sound, that bounces off the walls. Her gray eyes look up at the white ceiling, drenched in a golden morning light. She still can't get used to the feeling of waking up here. Unlike yesterday, the outside isn't rainy and cold, and the morning is early rather than late.

Genevieve stands up in silence, and gets dressed. She pulls on her black shorts and the green skirt on top. Her white t-shirt with the purple logo fits perfectly over her upper body. Before joining the academy they take your measurements to make sure the uniform fits just right. After pulling on a pair of socks and hard black shoes, she's ready for the day. Brushing her teeth in the bathroom opposite of her own room, Genevieve thinks about everything that happened yesterday.

She woke up quite late, ate breakfast with the two twins and one scary Minnie. She then spent the entire noon practicing piano to warm up for the next day, and packed her bag. Because of the heavy rain and busy schedules of her roommates, they couldn't take her on a small tour. Instead the twins, or mostly Heaven together with Seven persisted that she would join them while they painted. Genevieve sat down on one of the couches as they drew their paintbrushes over white canvases. White turned into bright spots of colors for Nevaeh, but dark and gloomy pictures for Heaven. It was quite a contrast, they drew what was opposite to their personalities. Genevieve found it interesting.

During their painting session, Heaven and Seven spoke excitedly about everything Genevieve would need to know. She and Nevaeh mostly stayed quiet, but Genevieve doesn't think the two bubbly girls realized or cared. From time to time, Anni would walk inside the art room on the first floor, where they were, and comment or correct something with a bored voice. They spent time in the room that Genevieve saw upon first seeing the inside of the house, on the end of the hallway beside the staircase.

Heaven told her all about the school building. It has four floors with different majors on different floors or in different wings of the building. The train number seven only goes to the main train station and through the green living areas, so they have to switch to train three to get there. The building is shaped like a music note, with two wings of the building reaching out and a line of the building connecting them. The music department is apparently on the first floor, with many smaller rooms for lessons and a big orchestra theatre. Genevieve tried imagining it in her head.

Seven briefly mentioned the different stores and buildings around their house. She also explained how the Aconite Academy city is built, especially the green section. Everyone is free to go wherever they like, but the houses are divided by departments which is why the areas are too. That way it's easier to keep track of everyone, and the trains can be aligned better. Where their house is, is an area called "green central". It's like the capital for the green department, which is why the leader obviously has to live there.

Closer to the train station are areas like "green village", "green blocks" and "pear grove". Each one has something to do with the color green. It's quite easy to remember. They mention that train number seven goes from the train station to all green areas, train number three goes back and fourth from the main building and train station to the green department school building. Train number one goes from the outside world to the main building. There are eight different train lines in total, but Genevieve didn't question where the other trains go. The three girls didn't seem very willing to tell her, for whatever reason.