3DS eshop

Apparently the 3DS eshop will be shutting down in 2023. That's unfortunate.

I went to see if there was something I should buy. I have $0.68 left on my eshop balance. I don't have a lot of storage left on my 2DS because I bought Pokémon Sun and it takes up so much storage. Buying a game is probably out of the question, which is too bad because I don't really go to the store to get the physical copies of the games in looking for.

Then I started looking into those background themes. I bought a bunch many years ago, but I just wanted to check. I found a really cool team skull one and I was like "Ok time to buy it." I got out an old visa gift card and typed in the card information, but...

I tried with another gift card and even my own card and they both said the same thing

I tried with another gift card and even my own card and they both said the same thing. And I did go on the support website and it didn't help.

The only other way to add funds to the balance is through eshop gift cards, which I don't think they make anymore. I used to see them with all the other gift cards, but I haven't seen them that much since the switch became popular. Cool I have $0.68 that will go to waste. I know that's not much money, but it's mildly infuriating.

(I'm wondering if the reason I can't use credit cards on my account is because of the time I took my mom's credit card when she wasn't home and bought Pokémon Art Academy. I felt so guilty I called her and confessed. She took my DS away the next day and when I got it back, the game was gone. On the eshop it doesn't appear as if I already paid for it in the past, so she must have refunded it)