Prelude 2

Two weeks had already passed and Ahyeon only have two weeks left to prepare for the singing contest. She have been practicing a lot and have started all over again for three times. The fourth song she was trying to learn is Taylor Swift's "Fifteen".

"Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you. You're gonna believe them..."

Ahyeon suddenly heard a voice of a girl spoke, "It lacks something... but your voice is amazing!"

Ahyeon looked at the door and saw a female student.

"Don't worry. I am not a ghost." She immediately said after Ahyeon laid her eyes on her, making Ahyeon laugh. "I just thought you might have been scared when you saw me so I said that."

"It's okay. I'm Baek Ahyeon." She said, offering her hand for a hand shake.

"Yoobi. Lee Yoobi. Is "Fifteen" going to be your final song choice?" Yoobi asked. "Why don't you try Evanescence's "Immortal"?" She continued.

"Immortal? Isn't that too hard to sing?" Ahyeon curiously asked.

"Well, yeah, because of its high notes but I'm sure you can do that. After hearing how you sang the songs you previously chose, I'm sure you can sing that well. Why don't you try it?"

"Right now?" Yoobi nodded. "Okay." Ahyeon said and looked for the lyrics on the folder the dean gave her.

Then Ahyeon gave it a try. "I'm so tired of being here. Suppressed by all my childish fears..." She glanced at Yoobi then Yoobi gave her an assuring smile, boosting her confidence.

"And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave, 'cause your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone." Then Ahyeon sang to the song up to the chorus. "When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tear. When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears. And I held your hand through all of these years. But you still have all of me."

Yoobi gracefully clapped her hands for Ahyeon and jumped in joy. "One last request." Ahyeon paid full attention to Yoobi. "Can you sing its bridge?"

Ahyeon sighed and showed her she was already tired.

"Oh, no. I'm sorry. Ahyeon. You may not sing to it if you don't want to. It's fine with me."

Ahyeon suddenly started to sing "I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone. But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along."

After hitting the high note, Yoobi jumped again in joy as she claps her two hands together.

"Having fun, eh?" Suddenly, a male's voice echoed inside the music room. "You are not going to win anyway, so why bother yourself practicing?"

"Shut up, Kibum." Ahyeon said.

""You are also a contestant, right?" Yoobi asked. "Then maybe you are really nervous that's why you are making fun of others."

"I don't need to do that because I'm confident I will win. I've had enough practice and at this point, I'm fully prepared unlike you, who haven't even decided on what song to perform." Kibum boasted.

"Just leave! We don't need you here, Kibum. Just go home!" Yoobi shouted and started pushing Kibum out of the music room. "Go! Go!"

"Okay! Okay! I'll leave." Kibum said, with his hand kept in the air, telling them he gives up.

From a far, a group of students saw them. "Wow! So cool! So brave to stand against a guy." Jackson uttered.

***

Time for practice became shorter, and now Ahyeon is left with a week of practice. Thanks to Yoobi, "Immortal" is the final song.

"Hold onto your microphone well. Put it near your mouth so your voice will be heard well. And make your voice louder. Okay?" The teacher who has been guiding Ahyeon said.

"Okay!" Ahyeon said and held onto the microphone tighter.

"Ahyeon! Fighting!" Yoobi, who was sitting on the audience in front shouted. Ahyeon was told to practice inside a auditorium to get used to it and feel the stage well.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

Finally, she felt a little confident of herself standing on the stage.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face-it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice-it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

"See? I told you that you can do this! Your voice sounds so amazing! Remember not to drink cold or hot, just warm. And do not treat yourself an ice cream. Yoobi can eat ice cream but you - you cannot. Okay?" The teacher said and left Yoobi and Ahyeon alone on the stage.

"Do you want to sing?" Ahyeon asked Yoobi. "You know, thanks to you that now I have my final song. I don't have to look for a new one" Ahyeon said and suddenly hugged Yoobi, "Thank you." She continued. Then she gave a microphone to Yoobi.

Then the two girls started to sing to Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid Movie OST).

When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world

Then a parade of clap started right after their song ended. The two girls looked at each other with their eyebrows wrinkled together.

"That was amazing! Your voices blended well!" A man's voice said.

Then from the dark, men's faces started to appear.

"Oh? The new students!" Yoobi happily said.

The boys went up the stage and surrounded the two girls. Jackson took away Yoobi's microphone and began to rap.

"That was good!" Jaebum said, offering a high-5 to Ahyeon.

"Thanks!" Ahyeon said, calmly accepting the high-5. As their palms touched, Ahyeon suddenly felt nervous, as if her heart was about to escape from her chest, resulting to an immediate retreat. She quickly received the high-5 and averted her eyes from him.

But maybe it was wrong. Her eyes landed on Mark, the one who was known to be the most quiet from the group.

-----

Yay! The second prelude. Now, let us go back to the story. I'll update with the next chapter :) Sorry for confusing you T___T I had to do this so I don't have to rewrite the whole story or delete it :<

Thank you! I hope the two preludes are fine? :)

- lovingseoul