"We weren't even conceived when the wolves were banished. We only know our side of the story and they know theirs. Maybe all we know is not the truth. The moon never makes mistakes, Aria"

"You could at least try to talk to him. He may not be as bad as we think him and his kind are"

"That would be a lost cause, Lina. He doesn't even believe we're true mates like I do. He thinks I'm manipulating him with witchcraft and my vampire abilities"

"Don't worry. Just try talking to him. Your next heat could kill you, Aria" Lina stated sadly.

"Shit!". Aria gasped. She had lost track of time. I'd been over a week since she experienced her last heat. It only meant she'd go into heat any moment. That would be her last heat and her last chance. She vowed to deny the bond to death and now that her death could be closer,she regretted it.

Lina noticed her sister's breathing has turned rapid and she kept wringing both hands so she pulled her into an embrace.

" Don't worry, Aria. I'll get that asshole here even if it means a whipping on their pack lands"

"I don't want him, Lina. I love Doukai. I can't lose him". Aria mumbled

" You can't fool oi moires (the fates), Aria "

"I know"

It had dawned on Aria that she couldn't have what she wanted but then again, she wasn't ready to die. She thought she was. Initially. Well, not anymore. Though she'd lived for decades,thinking she'd tire of the life as an immortal but she was in her sister's arms, fearing for her life. She didn't want Demitri and she loved Doukai. She'd only started loving him recently. She wasn't one to trust easily that is why it took so long for her to fall in love with him but now she may have to reject him as her chosen mate in order to live.

'How am I ever going to live with myself?'

She thought. She doubted she'd be able to live with herself if she rejected him. And if she accepted Demitri as her mate and even if he believed her, they'd be in a loveless relationship without the mate bond.

"Stop worrying. As your bodyguard and advisor,I promise to make sure nothing happens to you. "

"Don't get into trouble for me. I can't do it again. Please". Aria croaked.

"I won't" Lina assured.

Aria stayed with her sister in her embrace till she was forced to take a sleeping potion to free her mind that was buzzing with numerous unanswered questions.

🌙
🌙
🌙
🌙
🌙
🌙

"Something is bothering you" Meena said sitting across her brother in his office

He had been in his office since he spoke to Lacia. Adonis wasn't letting him have peace and it made him unproductive.

"Shouldn't you be cuddling with Viera?" He snapped instead of answering her. He hadn't meant to snap at her.

"I don't know why you're so upset but I do know Viera and I haven't offended you so don't snap at me". Meena snapped back with a hand on her waist.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to". He mumbled an apology,running his fingers through his dark hair.

"You know you can tell me anything, Demi."

"I know, it's just... I'm not sure what to do" Demitri admitted. He put his head in both hands, his elbows resting on the office desk. Meena got up and moved to stand behind him, resting her hands on his shoulders to massage them in an attempt to get him relieved of stress.
He flinched immediately her fingers begun to work on his shoulders making her stop. Usually, her fingers massaging his shoulders would bring him calm but not any longer. His wolf wasn't having it. He growled at his sister.