I skip down the stairs, turning the corner where the tall, metal shelves are, mostly stocked full with fresh food after the deal we made with Hilltop. I hadn't seen any of it for myself yet since Michonne had brought us food home the other day, but the sight is comforting.

    "Wow," I comment, looking at all the food and sizing it up for myself.

    "Yeah. It's a lot." She reaches to the top shelf, wrapping her hands around a glass jar of pickles. She hands it to me, smiling. "We have plenty to share. Olivia won't care if we eat some of it."

    The door opens and Maggie comes walking in, gun slung over her shoulder. "Hey," Enid and I both say simultaneously.

    "Hey," Maggie grins, closing the door behind her.

    "You look tired," observes Enid.

    "We still have a lot to do."

    "With what?" I ask.

    "We're starting to make caches of guns in case we . . . in case we were to be attacked. We can't be too cautious." I nod, trying not to let the possibilities frighten me. "Glenn Michonne, and Rosita just took off after Daryl. I'm taking an extra shift. Just packing lunch before I go back out."

    Enid reaches to top shelf again, handing Maggie one of the remaining jars. "Emmie and I will take watch for you. See you later." She didn't have to ask me how I felt because I had already been thinking the same thing. Anything we can do to help her, I'm willing to.

    "No. It's fine," Maggie argues, but accepting the jar from Enid.

    "Maggie, just rest for a little bit while we take your shift. It'll be fine," I say, sealing off my words with a grin. I follow Enid towards the door, my free hand closing around the handle.

    "Emmie. Enid." We both turn, exchanging looks with one another.

    "Just for a few hours," Enid says.

    "Let us help. Put up your feet and eat some pickles." I pull open the door, not giving Maggie another chance to argue with us. "Come on." With that, Enid and I walk down the streets, heading towards the watch tower where Sasha is still posted. She looks down at us, clearly confused as to why she isn't staring at Maggie instead.

    "Where's Maggie?"

    "Resting," I reply. "Enid and I are taking watch for her." Sasha looks at us for a moment longer before turning away from the edge and climbing down the ladder.

    "If you see anything, shout," she says, pulling the strap of her gun tighter over her shoulder before walking away.

    I climb up the ladder first, Enid right behind me. As soon as I'm able to stand on the platform above, I peek over the side of the wall, looking for any walkers lurking around.

    "See anything?" Enid asks, coming to stand beside me. I shake my head at the bare street. The only thing covering the road are a couple corpses and puddles of dried red in a few places. "I didn't want to ask you if you didn't want to talk about it, but what happened yesterday." The moments come flying back at me, punching me in the gut. For a second, they seem distant, but I remember that it all happened just last night. "Hey, if you don't want to talk about it, Em, that's okay-"

    "No. I'll talk." I pause, backing away from the wall so I don't have to look out over the gray world beyond they walls anymore. "I was with Denise, Daryl, and Rosita, looking for meds in this apothecary shop Denise had found. When we were coming home, we had stopped on the tracks . . . talking. Denise was . . . Denise was mid-sentence when a bolt came out of nowhere and . . . right through the eye." I think about it again, the viscous red dripping down her pale cheek. "Then, there were people. All men. Daryl and Rosita had their guns up, but they had Eugene. We couldn't shoot when they had one of ours. Abraham saved us by sneaking behind them in the patch of woods around the tracks, but I didn't know if he'd be able to help. It was . . . a lot."