Question

Nick had decided to walk home with Samira today. One, because he wanted to. Two, because he wanted to ask her something important. He had thought about it all day and thought about what she could answer. And what would happen if she answered.

If she says yes, he will be happy, and they can grow their friendship. If she says no... He didn't want to think about what could happen if she said no.

They were now standing in front of her house. And now was the moment Nick would need to ask her the question. He took a deep breath and turned towards her.

"Hey Samira." Nick started and she turned around to him happily and nodded. "Would- okay, I don't really know how to ask you this. But would you like to go out with me?"

Samira smiled and looked at Nick. Nick was freaking out inside but was trying his best to keep calm. "I would love to go out with you Nick." Samira said happily and a little blush could be seen on her cheeks. Nick let out a breath of relief and smiles happily.

"How about tonight at 7?" Nick asked and the girl happily nodded. They arranged everything for the night before saying goodbye. Nick would pick Samira up at 7 and they then would go to a beautiful café near the beach.

Nick walked down the street on his way home with a big smile on his face. He got out his phone and called Clay to tell him about everything. Nick was right now one of the happiest people on the planet. He would tonight go out with the person he liked. He had never felt the same way before. The smile never left his face on the way home to his house.  

Samira looked thru her closet looking for something to wear for her date with Nick that night. She wanted to wear something beautiful, but not too fancy. She at last decided on a short light pink dress and a pair of white sandals. She decided to let her hair hang lose and just some mascara. She looked in the mirror before smiling to herself and looked at clock on her wall, 6.50 it read.

She picked up her purse and picked up her wallet and put it inside. She walked downstairs and looked at her phone until Nick would be there. She then finally heard a car pulling up and honked once. She got up and walked out the front door and locked it after her. With a big smile on her face, she got inside the car.

"Hey. You look great." Nick said and looked at her with a smile on her face. She fastened her seatbelt and looked at him with a big smile.

"Thank you. You don't look so dumb you either." Samira said and Nick started driving towards the beach. She looked out the window on the beautiful evening, then felt a hand take hers. She looked down to see Nick's hand holding hers. Small blush crept on her cheeks, and she smiled, squeezing his hand a little. He squeezed her hand back.

They held hands the whole way there and let go first when they got out of the car. Nick walked over the passenger side and opened the door for Samira and took her hand. She thanked him and he locked the car and the made their way towards the small café. Walking inside the bell on the door rang. They walked over to a table with two chairs and sat down.

A waiter came walking over and asked for their order. Samira a lemonade with a small lemon cake. Nick ordered a coffee and a cinnamon roll. The waiter walked away, and Nick and Samira sat chatting while waiting on their order. They finally opened up more to each other, and Nick got to know Samira more and what she likes. Samira also learned some new things about Nick.

Their order finally came, and they thanked the waiter. They ate and drank while chatting even more. When they finally were done, they called for the bill. Nick insisted he would pay, so at last Samira let him do it. They left the café and took a walk on the beach, watching the last rays of the sun peaked over the horizon.

It was about 8.20 when they made their way back home. Nick drove Samira home and walked with her to the front door.

"Thanks for tonight, Nick. This has been the best birthday I have had in a while." Samira said as she turned towards Nick. Nick smiled and nodded. They stared into each other's eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" Nick whispered and looked down at the girl. She nodded with a smile on her face. Nick closed the distance between the two of them. Her lips were soft against his and he melted into the kiss. When they pulled away, he put his forehead against hers. "Good night, Samira."

"Good night, Nick." She said and they parted away from each other. Nick waved goodbye and drove home. Samira smiled as she saw him turn the street corner. She made her way inside and up to her room, with butterflies in her stomach. She changed out of her pyjamas and laid in bed, looking up at the ceiling. She smiled to herself before closing her eyes, falling asleep.