Chapter 33 ~ My salvation.

Start from the beginning

He takes me to the far right side of the room, and behind a curtain, to where we find ourselves on a balcony once again. It's different, though. It's quiet, and we don't hear Schlatt speaking into a mic.

It's just the two of us, leaning onto the concrete railings, looking out. "You're making me nervous." Dream says from next to me, with both his hands on the back of his neck. He seems distraught, like he might have a panic attack if I don't tell him something.

"Why did you say you needed air?" He asks me like he'll die if I don't give him an answer. I try to hold in my smile, walking towards him, grabbing both his hands and pulling them away from the back of his neck.

I take his wrists, guiding them to my hips, and as soon as he feels the palms of his hands against the lace of my dress, he squeezes my waist like he can't get enough of me. He pulls me against him, and I wrap my arms around the back of his neck.

Our chests are pressed up against each other, and I can feel his heartbeat on mine. His heart beats faster and faster by the second, almost as if his anxiety is rising up along with it. His breathing becomes more frantic, as I try to hold in a chuckle.

"Dream, you're overreacting." I tell him, smiling. "I'm okay." He swallows, and holds me against him even tighter. "I know, you just seem so calm with it." He tells me, quickly. "You never are. You're never calm-" I shut him up with a kiss.

I kiss him like I can't get enough of him already. I kiss him like it's been years since I've craved a taste of him. I kiss him like it'll be our last. My hands find themselves on Dream's golden locks, moving down to his back, feeling and memorizing each and every crevice.

I can feel his mask shift back and forth, as we suffocate ourselves into each others mouth. We don't stop to breathe, and we probably won't even stop if someone were to come in here and find us like this.

He grabs the back of my neck, pushing my mouth against his. Part of me wants to think that he might stick his tongue down my throat, but part of me also thinks that he already has and that he might find himself doing it again.

We finally both pull out, and I rest my head against his chest. He's no longer anxious, and I find myself smiling again. The kiss was rough, but it did feel intimate. And as much as I would like deny it, it's the last thing I wanna change.

I've kissed him thrice on the lips tonight. Two of which I had to use to shut him up, but I don't have any regrets, and I hope he feels the same as well. Each kiss we share feels better every time. "Do you wanna know a secret?" He asks, still out of breath.

I nod, reassuringly. "I think that no one will ever give you what I'm willing to." He says confidently, resting his chin on the top of my head. "And what would that be?" I ask. What would Dream really give up for me?

"Everything." He answers, softly. "I'll give you the world. The moon. The fucking stars. Anything you ask, it's yours." He said against my hair. "I'm yours." He whispers finally. I don't think I'll be able to recover from this, and neither do I think I'll ever forget about it.

He's being serious, I think to myself. He's practically asking for it. Waiting. I pull my head away from his chest, looking up at him who towers above me like a giraffe "Are you making us official?" I ask him, not totally sure if that's what I meant to ask.

"Only if you want us to be." I'm still engaged, I think to myself, but it's not like I wanted for myself to be. Dream will do something about it, I know he will. Because if he really is willing to give me everything then he's going have to have to earn it for himself to do that first.

"What if I'm not ready?" I ask him, resting my chin on his chest. "Then I'll wait for as long as time will let me." He whispers. "I'm very patient with you, you know." He says, grinning. I chuckle, and hide into the crook of his arm, hoping he didn't notice my cheeks that had dusted themselves pink.