21.Pure affection

Start from the beginning

"Were you stalking me, Mr.ACP?"Diya frowned at him.

"Something like that," he teased her.

"I don't like you, "She pouted like a child.

"Oh, Seriously? Then why didn't you protest when I kissed you," he taunted her playfully.

"Because I was shocked, and I didn't expect such barbaric behavior from a police officer," she retorted.

So what do you think of my earlier proposal," he smiled at her, starting the car again.

"Stop making fun of me, Mr.ACP.I know my family and my social status. We are not that rich like you, and who will accept someone like me from a middle-class family," she said with a sad smile.

"Is it my fault that I am rich? I like you, and since I'm of marriable age, I just expressed my interest. I don't want to live on the streets just because you have a problem with rich people. "You can think about it and tell me your decision later," Gautam said slowly.

"You are so blunt and rude. Is this how you propose to a girl," she grumbled.

"This is me. I can't make fake sweet promises, and if you think you can bear me for the rest of your life, then say yes. And I don't promise that I would love you to eternity, but I promise to take care of you and not let you shed a tear till the day I die," he winked at her. Diya fell silent hearing him.

So can I take your silence for a yes? May I talk to your parents? he asked.

"No..."Diya squealed.

"So that's a no. Sorry I won't bother you again. Just forget that we ever had this conversation," he said dejectedly.

"No...I mean ...Yes...No...God...I meant I need some time before you talk to my parents," Diya said hurriedly.

"Thank you, "Gautam smiled softly.

"You should be...I mean, who will marry such an arrogant average looking, and boring ACP, "Diya smirked at Gautam.

"It seems like someone needs another round of kiss," Gautam said and blew a kiss at her.

"Don't you dare? I have pepper spray with me. This time I'm prepared," she said, taking out the pepper spray from her purse.

"You are more dangerous than I thought. I have to watch my back when I'm with you, "Gautam chuckled.

"That's right, Mr.ACP," Diya laughed.

"Now tell me the truth. Didn't you enjoy my kissable lips on yours," he mocked.

"Go away, You pervert. I hate you," Diya hit his shoulders with her small hands as they started a new chapter in their life.

Aagney's POV

It was a tiring day, and after Gautam interrogated Mythili, I had brought her back home. I was smiling to myself since I heard her handling that girl named Naomi. She even gave me a new endearment ---Agni. I loved the way she claimed that I was hers. It's only a day since we confirmed that she was pregnant, and ever since, I'm finding her more and more beautiful. But her pregnancy hormones are at a peak, and she is turning bold day by day. And I want her to be brave. She should take care of herself and my child if something happens to me. I quickly took a shower, dressed up, and walked out of the washroom, searching for Mythili. I had seen her munching on her favorite chocolates before I went to take a shower. I searched inside the bedroom, but she was not there but then noticed that the door to the balcony was open. I found her staring at the stars with a slight smile on her lips. She had unknowingly kept her right hand on her stomach. I went near her and snaked my arms around her waist protectively. She stood there unaffected by my presence, still not removing her gaze from the stars.