15

Next Day.

"Nah. Ima get that shit handled today. I don't give a fuck where it say he is, find him. Y'all got two hours." An irritated Saint spoke into his phone, quieting his tone as Imani began to stir in her sleep.

"Two fucking hours." He said in a hushed tone, before ending the call, sitting his phone on the dresser.

He laid back down, wrapping his arms around Imani, who's eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to her surroundings.

"Sleep good?" He rasped, and she nodded, wrapping her arm around his torso and nudging her head into his neck, closing her eyes again.

"I love you." He told her, rubbing the nape of her back in a soothing circle.

"I love you too." She mumbled softly, slowly dozing back off.

"You know me and you don't keep nothin' from each other, right?" He spoke, "And whatever I do keep from you, is to make sure that you stay safe."

"I know baby. Is something wrong?" She asked, holding around his torso.

"Nothing you gotta worry about. I got you." He told her, and she opened her eyes, internally sighing.

"I love you so much." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around his neck as he hugged her waist.

"I love you too baby. You good?" He asked, rubbing the nape of her back, and she nodded.

Imani rose her naked body from the bed, slightly limping towards the bathroom, and he bit his lip, watching her.

She brushed her teeth, afterwards starting some shower water, and Saint stepped inside with her, wrapping his arms around her neck.

"Baby you upset with me?" He asked, looking down at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

"No. Why do you ask?" She met his eyes, slightly tilting her head.

"You quiet. You not touching me, you barely looking at me. Is it because I came home late last night?" He pecked her lips a few times, and she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"I'm sorry. I was busy with a lot of shit yesterday. I won't go to work today, okay?" He rubbed her face, the two of them standing under the water.

"I'm not upset. I understand, seriously. You don't have to apologize for making money Saint." She chuckled, lightly shrugging her shoulders.

"You more important to me than money. So tell me what's wrong so that I can fix it." He said, and she looked up at him, a small pout on her face.

"I love you so much. You're so perfect." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

"I love you. You gone tell me what's wrong?" He picked her up, holding her with one arm, the other pushing her hair behind her ear.

"I'm okay. I just missed you, that's all." She rubbed his face, and he kissed her cheek, making her smile.

"I'm sorry. You wanna go on a date today? We can go on a walk and have a picnic or somethin'." He suggested, and she placed her arms back around his neck.

"I can't. I have to go do Zo's hair." She lied, tapping his arm to place her on her feet.

"That's it? That shouldn't take nothing but two hours?" He confusedly frowned, grabbing his loofah that she'd bought him.

"Yeah, but you know when girls link it doesn't be just that. She probably has a whole day planned for us." She chuckled, just lying straight through her teeth.

"Oh. Okay. You coming back home to me tonight?" He asked, looking down at her.

"Yes. You know that I can't sleep without you." She said, rinsing soap from her body.