Chapter 36 - How Long Will I Love You? (Part 1)

Начните с самого начала

But angels were probably with her today as her door opened and in came her brother with a glass of water on one hand and what seemed like aspirin on his other hand. "Sam??"

"Oh, right on time! Do you need anything?" he mockingly asked, knowing full well what his sister needed at that moment.

"Yes, please. I need someone to get my head off of me, right fucking now." She took one pillow and put it all over her head which made the wobbling feeling even worse. "Fuck!" She threw the pillow away. "Nope! Shouldn't have done that." Her brother just laughed at her as he handed her the water and aspirin. She immediately drank them as soon as she could. "Thank you. How did you know where I was last night?" She assumed he was the one who took her home, because who else would? When she saw the hesitance in her brother's eyes, she asked him, "You brought me home, right?"

Sam considered telling Taylor the truth about Laura bringing her home but then he thought maybe they had issues they needed to settle and Taylor knowing the truth may hinder that so he lied instead. "Yes, of course I did. Bryan called me and told me how wasted you were so even though I was sleepy as fuck I chose to become your knight in shining armor and saved your damn ass."

Taylor tried to smile even though doing that simple thing took too much of her energy. "Thanks bro. I knew I can count on you."

"What happened anyway? Why did you decide to try to kill yourself with this hangover?" he asked, hoping he could know what was going on. He wasn't usually nosy. If there was anything going on with his sister, he would always let her be because he knew it wasn't any of his damn business and she could take care of herself. But seeing Taylor last night, he knew that this was something else. Taylor needed him now.

When Taylor remembered why she was going through this hangover in the first place, she felt her head hurt even more. She really wanted to tell her brother about this. Maybe if she did, she would feel a lot better. But she didn't know how to start and she wasn't sure if he would understand anyway. So instead, she just shrugged and acted like it wasn't a big deal. "I was just too tired at work I decided to chill for a while. I didn't realize I was drinking more than I could handle."

He knew of course that she was lying. But knowing Taylor, she wouldn't tell the truth even if he tried to ask her directly. "Okay. But next time, if you decide to chill on your own again, don't hesitate to ask me to join you, okay?" Taylor just nodded. "You know I'm always here for you, right?"

"Of course. Thank you," she smiled. And this time, it was a genuine one.

-o-o-o-

Taylor was ready to call it a night but she couldn't shake off the feeling that something was going on that she didn't know about. The crew and some of the cast were giving her funny looks, some would even whisper to each other if they thought she wasn't looking or something. It was making her crazy because she knew something was up but no one cared enough to let her join in on the fun.

She gave up wanting to know what everything was about and started walking towards her car when she realized something that might just completely ruin her night for good. "Fuck." She had suddenly remembered that her brother, Sam, had actually borrowed her car today, saying he would just pick her up when she was about to go home. So she took out her phone and started calling him, but three missed calls later and he still hadn't picked up.

Taylor was starting to get really pissed when a familiar car stopped right in front of her. "Laura?" she asked herself. She looked at her watch and saw that it was almost twelve midnight. There was no way Laura was there for work.