FIVE

Neil adjusted to life at fox tower fairly quickly, and was surprised at how well everything was going. He was just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for Riko to show up at his door and drag him back by his hair. He trusted Andrew to do his best to keep Neil safe, but he knew one 5 foot 5 alpha with knives and anger issues couldn't stop Riko.

He had been with the Foxs for a bit over 3 weeks when Wymack and Abby asked him to come and take a shift at the recreation centre. The pack ran a centre for people in tuff situations, rather they were official members of the palmetto foxes or not, everyone was welcome.

Neil threw on black jeans and a hoodie that Nicky had gotten him and walked out into the hallway where Kevin, Andrew, Matt, and Aaron were waiting for him.

"Took you long enough," Aaron grumbled.

"I was gone for 5 minutes tops," Neil retorted. "Not my fault your impatient."

Aaron huffed and headed towards the elevator, the rest following after him.

Andrew must have been able to smell the nerves on Neil at the prospect of being surrounded by so many new people, because he walked next to Neil his shoulder bumping into his occasionally. In the car Neils nerves skyrocketed the closer they got to Fox rec centre.

"Jesus, calm down your stinking up the car," Aaron complained scooting away from Neil in the backseat.

"Sorry," Neil murmured trying to take a few deep breaths to steady his nerves.

"Shut the fuck up Aaron," Andrew scolds.

"Just cause you want to fuck the omega doesn't mean I want to," Aaron snarled. "You play nice all you want but I sure won't."

Neil froze. He should have known that was all Andrew wanted. He might have morals that said he would never touch Neil without consent, but that didn't mean he would earn his trust truthfully. It was probably all an act.

"Open your mouth one more time and you can walk the rest of the way," Andrew growled.

Kevin shot a glance back at Neil who's brows were furrowed in frustration with himself. How had he let an alpha trick him like that? He wasn't that stupid, he should have known no alpha would actually care about him. Riko always told him all omegas were just pieces of meat. He's been gone from him for 3 weeks and he already forgot that over a stupid short blonde alpha who helped him get through his heat. Pathetic.

They pulled up to a large building painted white with bright orange paw prints all over it.

"Welcome to fox recreation center," Nicky smiled like it was the best place he had ever seen. Neil watched as a mom and her three sons headed towards the door, the three boys jumping around like they just had a full pot of espresso each. The mother looked exhausted and drained.

They got out of the car and Andrew put his hand out for Neil to wait behind while the others walked inside.

"What?" Neil asks, staring at the ground.

"Don't let Aaron get to you, he's just an asshole."

Neil huffed and moved to go back inside but Andrew put his hand out to stop him. Neil flinched back so hard he nearly fell over. "Please don't touch me," Neil says quietly.

Andrews brows furrow in confusion and concern but he doesn't argue. "Okay," he says. "But just so you know, that's not all I want."

With that the alpha turned on his heels and headed into the rec centre with a confused Neil a few feet behind him.

"Neil!" Abby calls from the couch with a baby in her arms. "We're so glad your here!"

There's a small sitting area by the front desk where there's a line of people checking in, all turning to look at Neil when they hear Abby call to him. Neil tries to not pay attention to all the eyes as he approaches Abby.