Chapter Three

“Whoop!” Nick hollers as he cannonballs into in the pool, creating a big splash. The rest of the guys pursuit and I slip in

     “Why are you wearing a shirt? You usually don’t.” Logan questions me.

     “That’s because I was around you guys, I don’t feel comfortable with other boys around.” I say quickly.

     Jack snorts, “It’s not like you have anything to hide, you’re flat as the board you dive off of.”

     I give him a death glare and he laughs in my face.

     He shrugs, and smirks. “It’s true though.”

     I lunge at him but he dives under the water quickly and swims away. I save my energy, he’s not worth it.

     Just then I felt something – or someone rise beneath me. I shriek and started pounding the person.

     The guy laughs, “Chill Aislynn, it’s just me.”

     “Well Nicholas, you could’ve given me a warning; I could’ve bruised you up good.” I pout.

     A light passes through his eyes, “You’re really getting it now.”

     He swam away and I look at him in confusion. Okay? I thought.

     Just then someone dumps water on my head. I know I was already wet all over, but I join in anyways. I grab a floating water gun and fill it up with water. I swim over to Joseph and whisper something in his ear. He smiles, nods and swims off to find another weapon. I swim to Logan and tell him the plan, too. He gave me a mischievous grin and submerged into the water slowly. I gave him a weird look as he did so and giggle. I try to look for Austin, but no sign of him.

     It was a huge pool, so he could’ve been anywhere. There were slides everywhere, so Nick could’ve been hiding any place. Austin and Jack must be on Nick’s team, I thought, as there was no sign of Jack either.

     Then on the far other side of the pool, I saw Nick, Austin and Jack in deep conversation, oblivious to anything around them. Probably planning, I thought. I saw Joseph hiding behind one slide, and Logan behind another slide. They turn to me and I plunge into the water and swam to a third slide. I nod to them and we all dive and swam towards them. We reached them and shot up from the water. Logan and Joseph sprayed water into their faces and I pounce on one of them, sending us both into the water.

     He came up spluttering with water. He shook his blond hair and turn to me. I laugh and swim away.

     “I’m getting you for this!” Austin cries and swims after me. I shriek and laugh and swim away as fast as I could. I’m the best swimmer out of the group, so I knew he couldn’t catch me. A hand grabs my wrist and whirled me around and I slam into his hard chest as he wraps his arms around me.

     I gasp, surprise that Austin had caught up to me. He certainly had been working on that.

     He smiles at me so dear that it hurts. I look at him and see a person I never saw before. He was gorgeous, with his wet hair hanging in his entrancing blue eyes. A feeling grew in my stomach that has never been there before.  I think I blanked out while staring at him because when I snapped back to reality, he was looking at me with concern.

     “Are you alright?” He asks.

     I nod slowly, my heart aching at this sweetness.

     He smiles, “Well then…“ He lifts me and throws me over his back.

     “Hey!” I started hitting his back.”