Chapter Two

“Hey Ace, come compare your schedule with us.” Logan calls as I come out of my room. 

     “I don’t have it yet, I just filled it out today.” I plop down on the couch beside Austin and Logan.

     There was a knock on the door. We look at each other. I sigh and get up to open the door. It was the lady from the counter downstairs.

     “Hello, I’m Miss Evans, the secretary down stairs. Ms. Lawrence requested that I give this to you. Here is your schedule.” She says, handing me the paper.

     I thank her and close the door, giving the guys a weird look.

     “That was… coincidental.” Nick says.

     “And creepy.” Austin adds, nodding.

     “We can compare schedules now, yay.” Logan says happily.

     We all placed our timetables side by side and examined them. For semester one, I had Math with Austin and Joseph, English with Nick and Logan, Art with Joseph, and Science with Austin. It says at the bottom of the sheet that the semester two timetable will be given to us before it begins.

     “Hey Jack, come out here! We’re comparing schedules!” Nick calls.

     Jack comes out of the room and plops beside me. I scoot away and look over at his paper without being close to him as possible. He has everything with me. I scowl and I FLIP THE TABLE OVER. Once again mentally as I did not want to clean the mess up.

     “Looks like we’re stuck together, Taylors.” He frowns.

     “I already hate this place, and stop calling me that.” I pout.

     The other guys tried not to laugh.

     “I don’t see why you guys still hate each other, that incident happened so long ago.” Nick states.

     “Can we not talk about it?” I ask.

     “Sorry.”

     Joseph and Logan high fives.

     “What?” I ask, confused.

     “Since we’re in the arts program, we don’t have to take Science or Geography or any other bull.” Logan explains.

     “Aw, lucky asses.” Jack complains.

     Logan get up and wiggles his butt in Jack’s face. Jack swats him away and the rest of us chuckle.

     There was another knock on the door.

     Nick gets up this time. He opens the door to a girl with light blonde hair and sharp blue eyes.

     Nick looks at us in confusion, and then turns back to the girl. “Who are you?”

     “Hi, I’m Cynthia.” She chirps.

     “Hello.” Nick says politely.

     “I saw you this morning, and I was wondering if you’d like to go out some time?”

     “Out? Out where, outside?” Nick says. I could hear the slightest bit of mockery hidden in his voice.

     Cynthia looks shock, “Uhm, haven’t you ever been out on a date?”

     “Yuck, cooties.” He slams the door in her face.

     We all burst out laughing. He grins and sits down with us.