Chapter One

Present day.

     I drank in the scenery as we drive back into the familiar place. Oh, how I have missed this place. We drive down Main Street. Everything was almost exactly the way we left it two years ago. I can’t wait to see the guys again. We kept in touch the first couple of months, but as time passed, we kind of stopped.

     I think I blanked out, because when we stop, I notice that we were in front of a huge building that I’m pretty sure wasn’t here before.

     “Where are we?” I ask slowly.

     “This is your new school,” Mom says, “Get out of the car; we’re going to take a tour.”

     I slowly got out of the car and stride towards the school, examining it. It was huge, and I’m not exaggerating.

     “This is where you’re staying for the school year.” Dad told me.

     “What?” I say, in shock.

     “This is Equilibrium Academy. It was just built before the summer started.” Dad explains.

     Equilibrium, a state in which opposing forces or influences are balanced, a state of physical balance, the inner nerd within me stated.

     We walk through the front doors and into the lobby where a young lady was waiting for us.

     “Hello there! I’m Ms. Lawrence. I’m guessing you were the family that called us last night?” She smiles and walks over to us.

     “Yes. We’ve come to look around the school our daughter will be staying at.” Mom tells Ms. Lawrence. She nods.

     “Follow me.” She motions for us to come.

     I swear we walked around for hours, my feet were sore. When we got back to the lobby, she tells us to wait and then went into the office.

     “So, what do you think?” Mom asks, smiling at me, “Isn’t it great or what?”

     I nod, “I can’t wait for school to start! When does it start, by the way?”

     “Tomorrow.”

     “WHAT?!”

     “Don’t worry; it’ll be all of the freshman’s first day too.”

     I shake my head in disbelief, “Wow, thanks for the heads ups mom.”

     Ms. Lawrence comes back out with an apologetic look on her face.

     “There seems to be a tad problem. There’s only one spot left, and if it’s okay with your parents and you, then we will bend the rules a bit, because with grades and achievements like yours, we will be honour to have you attend this academy.” She explains.

     “What’s the problem?” My dad asks.

     “Aislynn will have to stay in a dorm with boys.”

     My jaw drops, and my parents have a quick discussion.

     “Will we get to meet the other boys, and will their parents know about this?” My mom questions.

     “Of course! Excuse me as I request the office to contact them immediately.” She hurries away.

     I turn to my parents, “You’re actually considering this?”

     “Absolutely! This school is amazing and it’s an amazing opportunity for you.” My mom says.

     “And if anything bad happens to you, we can sue the boys.” My dad adds.