19 - Goodbye

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

I bust into his office like I'm in the FBI or something. He looks at me, completely used to me practically breaking the door down.

"I baked!" I announce as I stroll in, shutting the door behind me. I proudly set a ziplock bag full of the chocolate chip cookies I made at three a.m. last night down on his desk.

Or, I guess I made them this morning and not last night.

Alex reaches forward to open the bag. "I didn't know you baked." He says as he takes one of them out.

I smile. "I didn't either." I beam. Alex's eyebrows furrow. "I looked up a bunch of recipes last night and I did that." I gesture to the bag. "There's a bunch more at home but there wasn't anymore room in the ziplock and I didn't think you'd want ten of those." I explain.

Alex's eyebrows raise. "Ten?" He repeats as he takes a bite of one of them. I smile at him and nod.

"Yeah..." I mumble, recalling my less than amazing morning. "I'm set for a very long time." I smile like I got the best sleep of my life.

Alex shakes his head at me. "Well, they're good. Thank you." I nod and walk over to sit down, reaching forward to take one of the cookies. "Hey, wait a second. I thought these were mine." Alex scoffs.

"They are. But I'm stealing a couple." I smile as I take a bite of mine. "Didn't eat breakfast." I add.

"Why?"

"It was a crazy morning." I simply answer. "Anyway, I need to ask you something." I announce.

"Is it another question where you're going to ask my opinion on something and then get mad about my opinion?"

"No. This one is different."

"Ask." He leans back in his seat and waits. I nervously smile at him.

There's another rumor.

"Um...did you..possibly tell Mr. Liam we were having sex?"

Alex blinks. "What?"

"Okay, so, Maya told me she was talking with Mr. Liam and apparently Mr. Liam told her that you told him that we were having sex and you called me a mean name." I explain. "Personally, I don't think that's true, but you never know." I lift a shoulder.

Alex scoffs. "I did not tell Liam we were having sex." He says, sincere and a little angry. "I don't even like talking to Liam, why would I tell him personal stuff?"

I smile a little, kind of relieved. I know he didn't do it, but I had to be sure. My judgment isn't always right. "Right, I know you didn't. Sorry." I apologize for asking in the first place. I groan and stare up at the ceiling. "Why can't people just go to work, do their job, and go home?" I mumble.

"Because people are emotional and they need something to pass the time." Alex grumbles, clearly still bitter about the question. "And some never grew up from high school." He adds.

I drum my fingers on the desk. "So," I awkwardly begin a new conversation. "Excited?" I smile.

"Not really. I have to drive, like, two hours with a dog that does not stop sticking his head out the goddamn window." Alex huffs. I can't help but laugh which makes him glare at me.

"What kind of noise does a witch's vehicle make?" I smile.

Alex leans forward to rest his elbow on the desk and his chin in the palm of his hand. "What?" He coaxes.

"Brrrroooom, brrroooom." I smile. Alex huffs out a little amused breath and shakes his head at me. "That was a laugh! That counts!" I beam.

"No it doesn't."