11 - Drunk

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

"Will you stop pouting and act like you're not completely miserable?" Manuel scoffs as he sets a beer down in front of Alex.

Alex is quick to start drinking it. "He's just tired." I assure Manuel.

Manuel smiles at me. "We both know he slept in this morning." He reasons. I sigh and nod which makes Manuel laugh. "That's all right, at least I see him in his cute little bow tie."

Alex scoffs. "I hate it."

"How do you hate it? You wear a tie to work everyday." I dryly point out.

Alex shrugs. "It's different. It's a bow tie." It's not really different, but I let him have it.

"Want one?" Manuel gestures to Alex's bottle. I smile at him and shake my head. I think I'd rather be sober tonight. I don't know too many people here and the ones I do know, I don't know them that well.

"Aaliyah!" Natalia comes up to me. "Dance with me, darling!" She does an odd British accent as she takes my hand.

"I'm not a very good dancer.." I mutter as she pulls me up and towards the dance floor. I'm not a very good dancer at all. Not even by association.

Natalia laughs. "Thanks okay, that's okay, I'll teach you. Look." She gestures to her feet. She takes two side steps on one side, then another two on the other. "And you kind of just move your hips too." She takes my hands and guides me to do it along with her. "See? You got it." She giggles. "This is how I taught Alex too." She hums.

I smile. "You taught Alex to dance?"

Natalia nods, laughing. "I did, yeah. A few years ago. He doesn't like it much, but he's good at it and he'll do it with you if you ask him."

"If you ask, huh?"

"Yeah. He's mean but he gives in easy if you just ask him." Natalia explains. That's kind of cute. "You have to be specific when you ask him to dance though. He's an idiot and he won't know what you're doing." She rolls her eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you gotta tell him what the dance is called. Bachata, Cumbia, that kinda stuff. He doesn't know unless you tell him." Natalia explains. "He's weird." She adds.

"What are we doing?"

"Not sure. We're a little off rhythm." Natalia smiles. I just laugh because I know it's true, but that's okay. We're just having fun.

Eventually, the song ends and we head back over to sit back down, Natalia runs off with one of her cousins.

Alex raises a brow at me when I sit next to him. I glare at him because I know that's his way of making fun of me. "I tried." I huff.

"That was trying?" Alex acts surprised. I scoff and push his arm. He huffs out a little breath of amusement, the smallest little smile tugs on his lips.

My eyes widen. "I did it!" I yell.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What?"

"You smiled and laughed a little. I did it." I decide.

Alex shakes his head. "No I didn't." He denies it.

"Nope! Yes you did. I made you smile." I feel pride bubble in my chest as I rest my chin in the palm of my hand, smiling at him.

I did it. I finally achieved my goal.

...

Well, now what?