𝟏𝟔; 𝐈 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌

𝟏𝟔;
𝐈 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌

▬▬▬▬▬

"That idiot wasn't bothered if I was hurt of not." Hanna ran his hand over the gauze bandage that was wrapped around his torso. He paid full concentration on Shiba who helped changed his bandages.

Baji couldn't care any less about Hanna's rant. In fact, deep down, he wished Hanma took Smiley's place; he couldn't let anyone know about it though. He heard you got caught up in the fight and got shot. Were you okay? If he was in Toman, he'll be there to know, but he wasn't. Rumors have it that you died, but the news recorded one death which was smiley. No other dead body was found.

"I'll place a gun on his head someday. I'll make him realize that we're all in this shit together." Hanma looked over at Baji. "Hey, Baji. Are you even listening?"

"I really don't care about what you're saying at moment." Baji answered then he looked over at Shiba. "You've heard from Kazutora?"

Shiba shook her head. "No. His phone is switched off as well."

The death of Smiley had a devastating effect on Kazutora. He wasn't handling it as well as Baji did and he understood. "I'll go look for him." Baji plainly said and left.

Unlike everyone who had expensive cars, Baji had a bike. He was so used to bikes ever since he rode one in his teen years. He remembered everyone in Toman had one before and would always go out for the evening. Kisaki had offered to get him a new car but he bluntly refused.

Kazutora never really had a special 'spot' except one. That was everyone's special spot when they were all young and that was where Baji was headed. Minutes later, Baji arrived at the Musashi Shrine. It was really quiet. No one really came here unless there was a festival of some sort. It wasn't quiet some few years back when he was in Toman. Every single member had a fun time here in this shrine. They all loved when Mikey held a meeting, or when they had countless battles with each other to see who's the strongest.

As much as Baji hated coming here because of the memories, he had to find Kazutora. He let out a relief sight when he spotted Kazutora.

Kazutora was seated on the stairs with a portrait on his hand. It was a group photo of Toman. Everyone in the photo looked happy. They were just bunch of irresponsible teenagers enjoying the gang life. That wasn't the same anymore.

"You still have this shit." Baji sat next to his best friend.

Kazutora faked a laugh. "Yeah....Do you think we made a mistake?"

"By leaving Toman. It wasn't a mistake." Baji answered. "We'd probably be dead if we were with Toman."

"Like Smiley. I didn't think he'd go this far. That means Mikey, Draken, Takemitchy, Chifuyuu, Haruchiyo and Emma will be gone soon."

Baji collected the portrait from Smiley and stared at it. "Seems like it."

"Baji." Kazutora called. "Is that what you really want? You're okay with Kisaki's plan?"

"I guess I am." Baji plainly answered. "I don't care about what he does with them."

"But they're our childhood friends....we grew up with them and did so many things together! We've had each others back for as long as I can remember."

"That was a long time ago! Our fates aren't the same with theirs. Maybe their fate is to die in Kisaki's hands. Mind your business and don't interfere."

Kazutora snatched the portrait from Baji's hand and stood up. "You know, I'm pretty sure Mikey would've killed us for betraying Toman, but he didn't. That's because he loves us as friends. You can't 'be okay' with Kisaki killing our friends!"