000; 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

000;
𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

▬▬▬▬▬

YOU STORMED OUT OF YOUR boss's office with him in front. Tears already covered your eyes but they weren't falling. Well not yet. You couldn't care any less that other people in the station stared at you like you were a mad woman clinging onto her boss. You knew this day would come but it was way too early for this event to take place today. Nothing could tear you down no matter what.

"Captain, please!" You pleaded for the hundredth time. "I just need more time."

"That's my problem with you. More time. That's all you ever ask for." He stopped walking and turned to you. "You're far behind on what you're supposed to do, Detective Akira. You were suppose to be on the case about Doctor Hizashi's kidnap and what have you come up with? Nothing, Akira! Nothing! All you keep asking for is more time to solve a case that was long dead."

One thing wasn't on your side ── Time. Time waited for no man and you hated it. You hated it so much you could scream. You weren't even close to finidng a lead to solve the case you've been pursuing for the past six months. Your captain was the only one you held onto. He gave you resources, help, and most of all, Time.

Captain placed his both hands on his waist and looked at you with such pity. He ran his hand over his head, contemplating whether he should talk or just walk away. He finally stretched out his hand to you. "Badge."

You sniffed and looked at him with horror. "W-what?"

No one asks for a badge unless-

"You're fired, Detective. Hand over the badge."

At that moment, a tear slid down your face very face and you wiped it away very fast. You heard a few gasp followed by voices. "You can't." You let out a short laugh. "You can't do this to me, Captain."

"I'm sorry, Akira. The management isn't pleased with your recent effort in the station. This is hard for me considering the fact that you're one of the best detective here."

You pulled out your badge from your back pocket and hesitantly handed it to your captain. Not only did you failed at finding the killer that brutally took your brother's life, you also failed at keeping your job. It was all over. You couldn't forgive yourself; like you could ever.

Everything else that happened at that moment were blur; from looking around to everyone staring at you. Some with sadness, some with joy. Already in your office, you started packing. Your door opened like it was being broken down. You were pulled into a hug and with no thinking you hugged back. That's when you broke into full tears.

"Ssh. Akira don't."

"Naoto." You hugged him tighter. "Its all over! What the fuck will I do?!"

Naoto couldn't speak. He only rubbed your back and tried his best to calm you down while you stained his suit with your tears and saliva. He wasn't really pleased with the Captain when he fired you and planned to talk to him. He was angry but he had to focus on you first. He gently pushed you away from him and stared into your eyes that were now red and swollen. "It'll be alright, Kira. Please don't do this to yourself."

Naoto was also at the verge of tears, but he decided to be at his strongest since you needed him more than ever. You both shared a deep bond of friendship; so deep that he could feel the pain you felt, the endless tears and the headache. He pulled you back for a hug and stroked your hair, reminding himself to get you pain killers later. "It'll be fine. I promise."

▬▬▬▬▬

"DANCE, BABY DANCE!" A lunatic screamed at a lady who danced at the pole next to him. The sound of pop music blasted your eardrums off and you hated it. You just wanted to go home but you couldn't due to the fact that you had to finish your shift tonight.

You watched random people dance and make out on the dance floor as you waited for your tray to to filled with mugs of beer. As you waited, you tried pulling your skirt down feeling uncomfortable as hell. Part of your breasts were exposed to the public and that was more than enough to look cheap. "Here you go." The bartender handed you the tray. You smiled at him and carried your tray and walked straight to the VIP lounge. You received glances, whistles and compliments on your way there. You knew you were attractive as hell but that wasn't it.

Nothing was okay. It was never okay since you got fired. Two weeks after you lost your job, you managed to get a job at a nightclub. You didn't know why you thought about looking for a job at the club when you could've searched for something else. Maybe it was because this club paid you daily. It was unbelievable that you worked here ── From a well respected Detective to a cheap waitress. Imagine the downgrade.

You got to the VIP lounge and got to work. You served various men and received tips. You walked to the next man and bent down to serve him when another lunatic slapped your ass before giving a squeeze. "Damn baby."

You clenched your teeth and grabbed a champagne bottle from the table in front of you and broke it on the lunatic's head when you turned around. "You don't touch a woman like, you fucking lunatic!" You watched as he fell to the ground.

The man cursed under his breath, wiping of the liquid from his face. He noticed blood running down from the side of his head and glared at you. "Whore! You'll pay for what you did!" He stood up and made an attempt to slap you, but you grabbed his hand and sent a hard punch straight to his face. You lost it and proceeded to deal with him. In awhile, bodyguards pulled you away from the lunatic. You knew you did a too job because you could hardly recognize his face. This made you smirk, "How you like that, bastard!"

You notice your manager rush to the man, checking if he was okay. "Call the ambulance!" He stood back up and walked to you, giving you a tight slap. "What do you think you're doing, huh? You're here to serve not to beat up people."

You scoffed, "That lunatic was very disrespectful to me!" You had the strong urge to slap your manger but the guards held you tight. You quit squirming and looked at your manager. "I won't let anyone disrespect me and as for him," you nodded your head towards the lunatic on the floor, "I don't feel sorry for what I did to him."

"That's it! You're fired!" Manager glared at his guards. "Get her out of this building!" Minutes after cursing both your manger and the guards who threw you out, you sat helplessly on the side of the road just next to the club. There goes your source of living. You didn't even receive your daily payment and you planned on using part of it to pay for a cab. Walking home was the only option you had left, but it was going to be hell since one of your heels broke.

"Well shit." You sighed.

A boy way too young to be outside late at night ran to you and shot you a smile. "Hey miss." He stretched his hand to you. He had a squeezed paper on his hand. He then stared at your exposed breasts like he's never seen one before; his smile only GRE wide. You raised your head up to look at him. He saw you weren't in the mood and stopped smiling. "I'm sorry! The man over there paid me to give this to you. Please take it!"

You turned your head to the direction he pointed. You couldn't see clearly, but the man was already walking away from the club. His hair was tied high up. You watched as he casually walked into a dark alley before proceeding to look the paper that was handed to you.