Chapter 12: Aftermath and Opportunities.

After a battle, there is always the aftermath. In the aftermath, there are many things to deal with.

Now, it's been a week since the fight.

Those like Ruby, Blake, and Alexandria were discharged in less than a day. Their injuries had not reached past their aura.

Weiss and Yang needed an extra day or two because of their extensive injuries. Fortunate for them, their aura healed them easily.

However, others needed more help.

There was Pyrrha, Nora, and Lie. While Pyrrha's injuries were serious, regular surgery and rehabilitation would help. Lie and Nora wasn't so lucky. Their wounds were very extreme and needed to be amputated. 

The same could be the same for most of the professors as well. Even with aura, their injuries required extensive treatment.

Still, fortune favored them. 

Ozpin requested people who could speed up the process with their healing semblances. He did so for his students, the professors, and himself. Still, it would cost him quite a lot since healing semblances were rare, and he was asking for numerous people to get treatment. Nevertheless, all of them would be out in less than a week.

But that was the good news. The bad news is that they would have to live with the memory of the event. At times, Nora woke up scared and screaming, seeing an even more monstrous version of Jaune killing Ren and then her.

Then, there was Jaune himself.

Many of the citizens of Vale branded Jaune a monster for what he's done. They were calling for his arrest. Truth be told, the Vale Council was for it.

However, as there were many against him, there were some who supported him.

Capturing the Branwen Tribe earned Jaune the gratitude of several citizens of Mistral. The villages that were pillaged were even more grateful.

Others were happy that Jaune told them about the types of students that enrolled and graduated from Beacon Academy.

Many were calling for an investigation into the students.

Those who were scorned by huntsmen and huntresses called for an investigation of Beacon graduates.

At this time, Qrow and Tai were being questioned. This proved to give many difficulties to Tai who was still a professor at Signal.

Some were calling for Qrow's arrest. However, unbeknownst to the public, he was doing work for Ozpin. Not even Tai knew where he was.

Still, others who were grateful to Qrow and Tai wanted to hear them out.

However, those who already hated the idea of huntsmen and huntresses or the constant bending of rules for them wanted them gone.

A real mixed bag of sides and emotions.

Still, rude and courteous awakenings were on the horizon.

[At the Spider's Tavern]

It was night. There were no people on the streets.

Jaune (Disguised as Alex Mercer) and Lil' Miss Malachite sit at a table in the Spider's Bar. Other members of Spider talk amongst themselves. However, they are ready to fight should they need to.

Jaune was told by Lil' Miss Malachite that someone was able to find out that Alex Mercer and Lil' Miss Malachite were working together. Knowing that Alex Mercer was working with a certain organization would be dangerous news, considering it would paint more targets on Spider.