Chapter 2: Sowing Apathy.

Jaune enters the curtain door. Upon inside, it is revealed to be a tavern.

Jaune walks around noticing the patrons, all had tattoos of a spider in a web.

As Jaune gives them glances, they glance back at him.

He makes his way to a woman eating a sundae at a table near the bar. She has two people near her, a man and a woman, no doubt her bodyguards.

 She has two people near her, a man and a woman, no doubt her bodyguards

(A/N: I do not own this image or RWBY.)

"That's far enough," The woman said.

The bodyguards step forward.

"It's nice to meet you, Lil' Miss Malachite. I heard a lot about you from Melanie and Militia," Jaune said.

Lil' Miss Malachite raised her brow. She snaps her fingers.

Suddenly, all the patrons pull out their weapons. Guns and blades are pointed at Jaune.

"Now. How do you know my daughters?" Lil' Miss Malachite asked.

Jaune smirks underneath his mask.

"They're right. You do love them a lot. You're even willing to dispose of someone who you view as a threat to them," Jaune said.

"They did say that love was one of your best qualities."

Lil' Miss Malachite was even more curious now.

"Who are you?" Lil' Miss Malachite asked.

Jaune removes his hood, sunglasses, and mask.

Lil' Miss Malachite recognized him.

"Well. If it isn't Jaune Arc. The Faker of Beacon," Lil' Miss Malachite said.

"Um. Could you not call me that?" Jaune asked.

"What? the Faker of Beacon?" Lil' Miss Malachite asked.

Jaune shook his head, surprising Lil' Miss Malachite.

"No. That part is true. I meant Jaune Arc. It's just Jaune now," Jaune said.

"Why's that now?" Lil' Miss Malachite asked.

"Because I'm no longer an Arc," Jaune said.

Although taken back, Lil' Miss Malachite pieced the puzzle together.

"Huh. They disowned him for fake transcripts. Some parents," Lil' Miss Malachite thought.

"I just wanted to see how he holds his temper with that Faker of Beacon stuff. Guess I'll be more sensitive."

"Alright, Jaune. What brings you to my place of business?" Lil' Miss Malachite asked.

"Well, when I was at Junior's bar, he told me that if I was ever in Mistral and needed information, I should go see Lil' Miss Malachite. Her information network is the best," Jaune said.