Chapter 43

"AHHH!" Della screamed, jumping and clapping her hands like a crazy person, scaring poor Alexander half to death.

"Sandella! For the love of Merlin, please try to refrain from blowing my eardrums out!" He hissed, scooting to sit on the other end of the sofa.

The tiny blonde disregarded his use of her full name and blatantly ignored him as she sat on the edge of the blue cushion and stared at her friend with happiness bubbling over.

"Tell us everything! I need to know every detail, and don't you dare think about leaving out the thoughts that were running through your mind when this was happening!" Della said sternly, pointing a finger menacingly. "Oh! And don't forget about his expressions! Was he happy? Excited? What about -"

"Sandella, kindly shut up! Let the girl talk!" Alexander exclaimed in frustration, throwing his hands in the air. "At this rate, we are going to miss dinner!"

Adelaide smiled at the duo as they began arguing, her face heating up at the mention of James Potter.

"I see the interrogation has started!" Jaxson laughed as he entered the Ravenclaw common room.

Adelaide turned in her chair to give him a confused look. "How did you find out already?"

The brunette chuckled and went to sit next to her. "Royan is an incessant gossip."

Alexander and Della stopped squabbling long enough to laugh at what he said before continuing their argument.

"I only said that James asked me out and then Della started screaming and jumping about," Adelaide explained to him.

"Well, she has been waiting for this to happen for a long time. Give her a break!" Jaxson said, patting her back with a smile.

"I suppose so," The strawberry-haired girl giggled.

Alexander let out a loud huff and slumped back into the cushions with his arms crossed in annoyance.

Della sat with a satisfied smirk on her face and turned her blue eyes on her friend.

"Birdie, dearest, please tell us in full detail what happened," The blonde said, bouncing lightly in her seat.

Adelaide bit her lower lip before starting to recall the events of the last two hours and the most unromantic date proposal she had ever gotten.

"He really started asking about homework?" Jaxson laughed, falling back in his chair with a sigh of amusement.

"Damn, is Potter lucky that Collier wasn't around to witness this happen!" Alexander said between barks of laughter.

"Did he seriously not know that you two had broken up? Lordy, that's like so old news!" Della groaned in exasperation.

"You should have seen his face when he finally figured out that little fact!" Royan said as he came into the common room.

The Head Boy flopped down on the sofa next to Della and grinned at Adelaide.

"Well, I'm glad that we kept you entertained during lunch," She said with good-humored sarcasm.

"Me and the rest of the Great Hall!" Royan beamed.

"Merlin, I wish I had been there to see this!" Alexander sighed dramatically.

"Same here! If only Peter hadn't set up that picnic," Della whined, pouting that she had missed out on one of the most exciting moments of her Birdie's life.

"I think we all know that you would have gone on that picnic with Pete-ee-boy no matter what!" Alexander teased.

Della shrugged, not denying the fact.