Chapter 11

James Potter was embarrassed more than anything else.

He didn't think he could feel so terrible for something so stupid.

"Why did she have to be walking right next to Snivellus?" He internally groaned.

Then his brain went back to what he had just thought. "Wait! Why was she walking with Snivellus?!"

James furrowed his brows and glared at Adelaide.

"What are you doing here?" He all but growled.

Now, looking back on this, he could have said this in a way that didn't make her think he was a complete arse, but that wasn't how it went.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing there?" The girl growled back with a glare before reaching up and running a hand through her slimy hair.

"What is this? What did you do!" She hissed, looking at the boys through narrowed eyes.

Sirius opened his mouth and then rapidly closed it.

Remus cleared his throat and stepped forward. "Perhaps we should get you to the hospital wing now."

Severus nodded and gently grasped her upper arm. "That's a good idea, come on."

James' glower burned at the boy's hand.

"We'll walk you there!" He said loudly.

Remus rolled his eyes, and behind them, Peter watched with a confused expression on his face.

"We will?" Sirius asked.

James turned his glare towards his friend.

"We will!" Sirius smiled at Adelaide.

The Ravenclaw girl gritted her teeth and turned swiftly, stomping her way back to the infirmary, cursing Potter under her breath.

Severus hurried after her.

The Marauder's followed after the Slytherin.

On the short walk, several passing students stopped and stared in awe as Adelaide stormed by.

Her pink and purple skin was nearly glowing, and a disgusting slime dripped from her now electric blue hair.

In all, she was a sight to behold for sure.

When the group finally made it into the infirmary, Madam Pomfrey gasped and rushed towards them.

"Miss Harthwood! What are you doing back here? My goodness, what happened!" The older Witch exclaimed, looking the poor girl over.

Remus nudged James forward.

"It's my fault, Madam Pomfrey," He said, pushing his glasses further up his nose. "It was an accident."

"Tell me what spell you used," The school healer said sternly as she leads Adelaide to the bed that she had just left a short time before.

"It was a mixture of Colovaria and an endless slime spell that I altered to change the skin colors instead of hair," James said, side-eyeing Adelaide.

"Oh, dear. It seems that you will be in here for a while longer, Miss Harthwood," Madam Pomfrey said, shaking her head.

"I will go tell Professor McGonagall what has happened and bring you the school work, Adelaide," Severus spoke up.

"Thank you, Sev," She responded, sending him a warm smile.

He nodded and hurried off on his task, relieved to be away from Gryffindor fools who had tried and failed to hex him.

Severus just wished that they hadn't hit Adelaide instead of him.

While Madam Pomfrey was bustling about the hospital wing to find the potions she needed, Peter stepped forward and gave the girl resting on the bed a curious frown.

"What did she mean when she said you had already been here, Adelaide?"

Remus eyed her suspiciously and quirked a brow, urging her to speak.

Adelaide sighed. "I had to come in here earlier because I had an allergic reaction while in Care for Magical Creatures class, and it took quite a while to get me out of here the first time."

James softened and came closer to her. "Are you alright?"

"Potter! I'm back in this bed because of you and your stupid prank!" Adelaide growled from her reclined position.

A large drop of slime ran down her nose and made her sneeze.

"I'm sorry! But you got in the way. It was supposed to hit Snivellus! And you ruined the plan!" James shouted.

Sirius put his hand on his friend's shoulder and tried to calm him.

Remus groaned loudly, and Peter pursed his lips together in annoyance.

"Well, I'm sorry that I ruined your plans!" Adelaide hissed angrily.

Before James could spout out a retort, Madam Pomfrey returned and started to set out bottles of different colored potions.

"Alrighty dears, time for you all to run along!" She shooed them away.

"Come on, mates. Adelaide, talk to you later, rest up," Remus said, herding them out.

"Bye Adelaide! I'll make sure that Della and Alexander know where you are," Peter said as he waved bye to her.

James bristled at Alexander's name.

"Thank you, Peter," The Ravenclaw said.

"See you later, Harthwood! Sorry again about ... well... you know," Sirius said with a shy grin.

"Hmm," Adelaide rolled her pale blue eyes and leaned back.

"Now dear, drink these two, and if you feel nauseous, drink this one," Madam Pomfrey said, handing her a dark green potion that smelled awful.

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey."

Adelaide tipped back the bottle and let the slimy liquid go down her throat.

"Oh, Merlin! That was hideous!" She gasped.

James turned to look back at her when he was walking out of the infirmary, and he almost laughed at the expression he found on her face.

She had her eyebrows screwed together and a look of sheer disgust in her eyes.

"Adelaide," He called softly.

She glanced over at him. "What, Potter?"

James took a deep breath and decided to do something he had seldom ever done.

"I'm sorry."

He apologized.