Chapter 38

Remus was fed up to the point that he was almost ready to commit a felony.

He was tired of James mopping around and sulking as if the Slytherins had just won the House Cup.

He knew for a fact (directly from Alexander) that Adelaide had broken up with Jaxson quite amiably. But the stubborn Gryffindor boy had yet to realize this bit for information.

Remus was very close to strangling his friend in the name of principle.

Normally he was the calm and reasonable one of the Marauders, but his mood was souring, and James wasn't helping by complaining about Blaze.

That was why he was storming through the library in search of an Ancient Runes textbook.

A bit of light reading was just what he needed.

Pulling a heavy tome from the shelf and grumbling under his breath about dunderheads, Remus was aware that his other side's aggressive nature was showing.

"We don't have a Runes test coming up, do we?" Someone asked behind him.

All anger and stress washed out of his body at the sound of that voice. How was it that with a simple sentence uttered by a certain blonde Wizard he was able to calm down almost immediately?

"No, no test." He sighed wearily, a pleasant vibration running up his spine from the closeness of the other boy.

It still amazed him that his other side was so relaxed when Alexander was near.

"Well, thank Merlin then!" The Ravenclaw exclaimed dramatically, throwing a hand over his heart.

Remus chuckled. "Aren't you supposed to enjoy and look forward to tests?"

Alexander threw his arms into the air and huffed. "Why must everyone assume that I am both beauty and brains? Not all Ravenclaws are excited by the curse that is the educational system!"

The young Werewolf failed to stifle a laugh at his boyfriend's rant.

"Yes, I am sorry. How dare I assume you are anything but a beautiful face?"

"It's fine. I suppose I shall still keep you," Alexander sighed with mock hesitancy.

"What a relief."

"Arse."

Remus shrugged, causing the other boy to roll his eyes.

"So, are you going to tell me why you are stress reading? Or do I need to start guessing?" Alexander quipped, sauntering casually over to a set of comfortable chairs under the large windows in the library.

Following him, Remus slowly lowered down into the soft cushions and opened the book.

"James has driven me to the point of insanity," He said through his gritted teeth.

"Hmm, shocker." Alexander seemed extremely uninterested as he flipped through a book on Divinations.

"He still thinks that Adelaide and Jaxson are together."

That statement got a reaction out of him.

"What? Are you serious?" Alexander gasped, his blue eyes wide.

"No, I'm Remus."

The two stared at each other in silence for several seconds, in which time the sandy-brown-haired Gryffindor fidgeted nervously. Jokes were not his forte.

"Don't ever try and be funny again!" He scolded himself.

Suddenly a loud burst of laughter rang through the library, causing Madam Pince to look up and hiss at them sharply.

Alexander paid her no mind and continued to let out barks of amused laughter, tears welling up at the corners of his eyes.

"Dear Merlin! That was by far the stupidest thing you have said!" He sighed with a happy grin on his face.

Remus was about to apologize when Alexander spoke again.

"Keep doing that; it's quite attractive," He said, shaking his head and lifting himself from the chair was swift agility.

"It is?" Remus stuttered, a deep blush darkening his freckled cheeks.

Alexander turned to face him before making his way out of the library. "Tremendously," He said, purposefully lowing his voice to make it sound velvety.

Remus stumbled over his feet as he followed.

"Gods, do I love you!" The Ravenclaw threw his head back and laughed once more before sauntering off to find Potter and knock some sense into him, leaving behind a stunned Werewolf.

"Wait! You, what? What did you just say?" Remus gasped, unable to comprehend what was just said.

"You heard me, Lupin! I thought that fact was pretty clear?" Alexander chuckled.

*******

Sirius was content with life as he lay in the sunny courtyard, his head resting on Wren's lap as she worked on a Charms essay.

She had cast a heating ward around them so the January cold couldn't touch them as they lounged between classes.

Sirius was thrilled that Wren was willing to spend time with him, even - no - especially if it was just doing simple, everyday things.

He relished being in her company and wondered how he was ever able to make it through six years of not knowing this beautiful creature.

"Do you want to get married?" He asked, his gray eyes closed and a dreamy smile playing on his lips.

Wren looked up abruptly from the scroll she was writing on and stared in bemusement at the boy laying with his head on her lap.

"How about kids? I think the name Jasmine is lovely! I hope she has your eyes, that would be much better than -"

"Sirius!" She growled, cutting him off.

The curly-haired boy cracked open an eye and smile cheekily at the annoyed Witch.

"Cornelius is a good name, fitting for a future Gryffindor, don't you think?" He asked innocently.

"First off, we are not getting married anytime soon," Wren said sternly, rolling her purple eyes. "And second, I refuse to name a child 'Cornelius'! Ugh!"

"How about Bartholomew? No! Barnaby?"

"No."

"Wilfred?"

"No."

"Ingelbert? Armando?"

"Bloody hell! Not a chance! And why are we even talking about this still?" Wren groaned, flicking the ridiculous boy on the head.

"Because you never said you wouldn't marry me," Sirius said, suddenly serious, peering up at her with a curious gaze.

"I suppose I didn't, did I?" She sighed.

"So will you? Marry me that is?" He asked, pushing up on his elbows till their noses were almost touching.

Wren took a moment to observe him, and she decided that in the future - the extremely far future - maybe she would marry him.

"I probably will, ask me again sometime." She said, returning to the Charms essay.

"That's good enough for me!" Sirius grinned, laying back down and closing his eye once again.

After a few quiet minutes, Wren muttered softly, "Besides, I like the name Rhys for a boy. Jasmine is nice."

Sirius's eyes flew open, and he gazed in awe at her. "Rhys, it is then!"