Surbhi was really sorry for everything they did. She was against Rey's idea from day one. But she hadn't done anything to stop it. Also, her own best friends caring for Taani more than her or Kriya just undid her kindness. "Tum log humare friends ho ya Taani ka? Kabse dek rahi hun… aap dono toh aise behave Kar rahe ho ki apko sirf Taani hi dik rahi hai… Tum dono Hume Taani se pehle jante hai… Ya Taani se Milne ke baad humara friendship ka hissa bi usiko dena chahte ho Kya?" Surbhi was non-stop. She really loved Taani. But she was getting irritated at the constant taunts of Wahi and Rithwik glorifying Taani in a royal position while demeaning them as culprits.  A small stem of insecurity had built in Surbhi. Or was it because she was facing the affects of Karan leaving to London.

Wahi and Rithwik stood in a stunned silence. Even Kriya was shocked to hear Surbhi's locution. "Mujhe tum per hasi aa Raha hai, Surbhi…" Wahi disapproved making Surbhi even angrier. "I know you for half a decade... And I'm just surprised…" He winded. "Tum bi jaante ho ki tum aur Kriya bi utna hi galat hai jitna tumhara pura team Galata hai… Humesha Sach ke saath Kade honewali ti tum… Tumne dance team ko join Karne ke liye…Sharon ke saath Tak ladi hai… Toh aaj Kya hua? Apne apke upar itna bi barosa nahi ta Kya? Jo aap sabne Taani ka tyaag kardiya?" Wahi may seem the softest kid. But he wouldn't spare even a rock particle if it hurt the people he loved. Surbhi and Kriya were as equal as Taani to him. And that was the reason he was even more hurt by the actions of Kriya and Surbhi. "Tum dono humare best friends hai…. Ye ek hi wajah hai… mein abi bi yaha kadke tum dono se ache se baath Kar Raha hun… Phir bi agar tumhe lagta hai ki… mein ya Rithwik… Taani ko hi importance de rahe hai… Get your mind cleansed first…" He walked off not even affording to look back at the dejected face of Surbhi and Kriya.

Surbhi then looked at Rithwik who was yet recovering from the thunderbolt threw by Wahi. He had never witnessed Wahi being so splenetic at anyone. Especially not with his friends. But today…this moment..  he had proved all of them wrong. Because Wahi wasn't just sweet or cute. He was passionate towards the people he cared for. He knew to give them love and hit them with bullet fire if they went wrong. Kriya gulped comprehending there was unspoken pent-up build in Rithwik. Probably he wasn't expressing his disappointment at them the way Wahi said bluntly but his pupils were enough to make them flinch away to a far distance.

Rithwik didn't wanted to make Surbhi feel like shit on the only night she got to spend with Karan before he left. At the same time, he just couldn't keep quite when Surbhi behaved like a frustrated bully at her own friends rather than being empathetic to understand her mistakes. "Karan is coming… Go and enjoy the night…" He faked a smile at Surbhi and left following Wahi without a word to Kriya. Both the girls   felt awful as they gaped at each other.

******

Taani woke up to the ring of an alarm in her phone. It was still 6.30am in the morning. Her heart thumped heavily as some of her faded dreams had terrified her during the sleep. She had slept early at night, just after coming back from the dinner. Rithwik and Wahi had dropped her and Zoya back to home while Hina had gone with Harshad. She vaguely remembered kissing Leo who fell asleep even before she arrived and then she had directly gone to bed. Zoya had been at her side for the longest hours sharing about her day at office. Taani enacted to listen but her brain was occupied by lot of things happened with her in the college. She wasn't even aware when she had slept. But she realised it must be too early because Zoya had pushed a quilt around her shoulders and switched off the lights, closing the window door which use to be always open. For a fraction of second, Taani hoped Rey would have come to her room the same way he used to come through the window always. But to her delusion, he hadn't. After her disregarding his calls, her cell went into silent buzz.

She pulled her cellphone from the stand, switching off the alarm. And checking the call list to see if Rey had called her again. It was such a shame. When he called, she hadn't been so forgivable. But now… Well... It was her everyday time to get ready for college. And her body itched to just follow the routine. Then came back the news of her suspension into her head. She had a week to dwell upon her failure as a GS. And to get depress about her loneliness. She hadn't spoken to anyone of the gang after the authorities announcing her debar. Not even her brother. And as much as they lived in the same house, she just wanted to avoid him for the time being. Becaus if she confronted him now, things would turn ugly. She had endured much in the past to forget or forgive people these days became extra difficult. As much as she loved her brother or Rey or gang, she was too hurt to talk to them, eventhough it wouldn't last longer.