18

18

"You wanna hang out tomorrow in our house?" Pamela's voice in the call.

"Why?" I asked while holding a glass of orange juice while standing here in my veranda.

The wind was fresh and cold just what I like and wanted to feel. Hinayaan kong tangayin ng hangin ang mahaba kong buhok at marahan na nilagay sa gilid ng tainga ang buhok na tumatakip sa mga mata ko.

"I'll bake cookies and some other sweets, the other day naman mga cakes. Gusto ko lang na matikman mo."

Sinandal ko ang kanang braso sa railings ng veranda habang nakatingin sa matataas na puno na nakapaligid sa aming bahay bago nagsalita.

"I'm not a fan of sweets so just invite other people. Besides, you have too many friends who got to taste your sweet, ganiyan ba kahalaga sa 'yo ang opinyon ng iba?" Tanong ko.

"Of course! We have different taste buds, some of us like sweets and some of us don't want too much of it at may iba naman na gusto na balanse lang ang lasa kaya kailangan ko ang opinyon ng ibang tao para ma-perfect ko 'tong mga bini-bake ko."

I can't with her and the reason why she forced herself to learn how to bake and make sweets. Because of her childhood friend slash crush. I chuckled and rolled my eyes when I remember the old times. I hope their fate are agree with them too. I think Pamela really enjoyed baking.

"I don't have so many friends you know that!" She shouted on the other line. I put the cell phone away from my ear because of it. Then I heard a loud voice from my phone.

"Babaan mo naman boses mo Romina! Nag-aaral ako!" I heard Ariadna shouted on her from the other room. I heard her footsteps and their voices, they are shoutin to each other.

"Okay, I will come! Make delicious cookies for me, I'm just gonna study there while waiting." I said fastly to stop them from fighting.

It was affective when I heard a silent and got her attention comeback to me. "That was a good decision, see you then!" I just heard she ended the call.

***

"Good afternoon, kagigising ko lang." Rinig ko ang yabag ng mga slippers ni Ariadna pagbaba niya dito sa malaking living room ng bahay nila. Naglakad siya papasok ng kitchen habang nakakamot sa buhok.

"Hi, sorry late hindi ko kasama sina Damian at Jasper at may pupuntahan raw sila." Sienna said when she arrived. She put down her bag on the table and go to the kitchen.

"So where's Pam?" She asked when her eyes landed on me while pouring juice on her glass.

"Upstairs," sagot ko then she sat on the single sofa to drink her juice.

"Sorry natagalan!" Sabi ni Pam habang pababa ng hagdan. All our attentions are on her until she get down. "Bakit kayong dalawa lang?" Tanong niya nang makalapit sa amin.

"Hello! Sorry late, nakalimutan ko pa 'yong camera sa bahay." Lumingon kami sa paparating na si Denise na may hawak na camera at mga grocery bags.

"Are we complete now? Should we invite the others?" Denise asked while putting down all her things.

"Oo, I will make leche plan and churros, how about you Denise?" Pam asked her.

"Buttered shrimp, I already got the ingredients." Denise raised her grocery bags.

"Then, shall we start?" I asked. They all agreed and we walk inside the kitchen now to start cooking.