07

07

"We are having a family dinner tonight with the mayor and her family also." Mom said while sitting on the chair folding a comforter. Beside her was two maids and Tita Gabrielle, we are helping her to clean this room for mom.

She's gonna stay here in the mansion to be more comfortable instead of staying here in the hotel so she doesn't need to take elevator and stay in that small room.

They were so careful to her every damn minute. Kaunting aray lang ni mommy ay lalapit na kaagad sila upang kumustahin ang lagay niya. I didn't knew they would be this careful when it comes to a pregnant woman.

I don't know how they made connection to the mayor of this island but I'm sure it was someting important that all of us are need to be there. I'm not excited for tonight's dinner.

"So don't be late later." Mom glared at me. I stood up and get all the things on the ground. "Wear that. You're a girl and it's impossible if you don't like to wear a dress."

"It is possible, mom." I looked at her with my lazy eyes.

I grabbed the paper bags that had a dress and sandals inside it. For sure.

"Possible or not you must wear a dress to look presentable in front of the others." Mom lectured me.

"I am presentable even if I am not wearing a peace of dress it's not always come on what you wear but on how you behave. Girls shouldn't be afraid to show their own flaws, you know?"

"Not because nagsusuot ka ng mahabang damit ay natatakot kana na ipakita ang tunay mong kagandahan." Tita Gabrielle joined our conversation.

"Yes, because for me, girls who always wear dresses are feared of being judged or ridiculed." I answered.

I know we have different perspective about clothing and we shouldn't not let the other judgement describes us but  we wear whatever we want. People have nothing to do to us with their nonsense and shitty words unless we are bothered by it. It's all about the amount confidence you have, if you have then you win, if you're not then you lose.

Like what they said, speak for yourself.

Women should wear whatever they want to and get nothing from it.

"You have a point but you still need to wear a dress because if you're not then what else?" She asked and turn around to face Tita Gabrielle that is folding clothes.

That made me quiet for a seconds.

"You raised her too much, Jamie." Tita Gabrielle laughed while touching the bridge of her nose.

"It wasn't my fault, Gab. It's her own opinion onto something against us." My mom said.

Tita Gabrielle laughed at her.

I didn't mind them and silently leave the room when they started talking about their job. I quickly go to my hotel room to open the bags. I took out what was inside the first paper bag.

Clearly I'm not surprised on what's the inside. It was a lantern sleeve solid bodycon blue dress and the second bag was just a blue stilettos. I stare on it for a second before I decided to try it on.

I walked to the full-body mirror to see what I look like wearing it. It feels comfortable wearing it and it's covering half of my body and it suits to my morena skin.