PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Today is the worse.

We're going back to the Philippines and staying there for real. I thought mom was just kidding around about that we sre gonna celebrate our christmas eve there but she's not this time!

Ayaw ko doon, please lang.

Our maids are packing all my things now.
It's urgent to go back, nakumbinsi nila si mommy na bumalik doon. I left my room when they finished packing my two baggage and one luggage being frustrated about the situation. I don't want to cry and
I don't want to leave. I'm happy and contented on what I have or where I am now.

I ran to go to the library to talk to mom. Baka makumbinsi ko na siya. Hindi, kailangan ko siyang makumbinsi. Pagpasok sa loob ay nakita ko siyang nililigpit ang ibang mga libro sa dalawang maliit na box, hindi niya manlang ako tinapunan ng tingin.

"What now, Julie?" She asked irritably before she shifted her gaze to me.

Kaagad akong nanlumo dahil sa tingin at tono ng boses niya. This woman is incredible. I cleared my throat before talking. "I don't want to go." Pinanliitan niya ako ng mata sa narinig.

Padabog niyang binagsak ang dalawang librong hawak at tinignan ako ng masama.

"Well not now on your nonsense because you are not staying here anymore, lady." She said then close the box that full of her favorite books.

"I don't want to leave, please let me stay here, or just leave me here and let me live on my own... Just alone?"

My voice feel weaked, gusto kong maiyak sa bilis ng pangyayari.

She shooked her head immediately.

"No, Julie. You're just nineteen years old, you can't even survive a week without me and you can't even wash your own clothes. You're just an average collage student who's enjoying her teenage years." She rolled her eyes to me.

She describe me like I am the terrible daughter she could ever have. I know myself better than her, of course I am not.

Lahat ng gusto nila ni dad ginagawa ko. Magkaroon nang magandang mga grado. Maging matalinong estudyante, mag-aaral, maging mabuting anak, at marami pang iba na ayaw na isumbat pa.

I'm always her perfect little Julie who nobody can't outcome. I'm so pathetic, neither her doesn't realize my own worth. And I'm still that Julie. The intelligent and talented one who always aced all her academics!

"You did that too, on your teenage years, going out," I said.

"No, I'm in my room reading all my law books and studying all day and not going fun around with my silly friends, unlike you. I bring you here thinking you would improve on your academics but you gave me a more terrible version of yourself!"

I am doing fine even though I'm going around with my friends. I still aced my academics, even my professors were impressed about me.

"Okay fine, you don't but you can leave me here, trust me my grades will still go well. I promised!" I still tried to convince her.

Sa limang taon na nandito ako sa New York kabisado ko na ang lugar dito at nasanay na rin sa pamumuhay ng ibang tao kaya kampante akong kaya kong manirahan mag isa. I like this place even more than I was before.

I'm just missing my cousins.

"I don't trust you, Julie. You will be stick to us until you got your first job, make money on your own, paid your own food, paid your own groceries, paid your own bills and many more." She fired back.

"But I-"

"No buts, go to your room and ready your self we're leaving within one hour and end, of, discussion." She cut me off while pointing at the door to make me leave.

I didn't even get to finish.

I scream inside when she finally closed the door. I feel like I just give her another reason to hate me and realized to me that I'm not enough. I have no choice but to ready myself and accept my fate. I quickly go to my room to change my clothes.

I wore my light brown turtleneck sweater and wear skinny jeans. I braided my long brown hair to look better and get my Celine shades and wear my favorite shoes too.

"Much better." I whispered while staring at myself my full body mirror here inside my room.

Ilang oras pa akong nakatulala sa harap ng kisame bago naisipang lumabas na. When I get down the living room I saw mom and dad are both dressed up and ready to leave the house now.

They just decided one week ago for the inconvenience that happened here. Mom lost her lawsuit for some reason so her and dad made a decision that it might be good if we go back to our other relatives. Tita Gabrielle agree with it too.

Paglabas ay nakaabang na ang personal driver namin para maghatid sa amin papuntang airport. Pinagbuksan niya ako ng pinto sa front seat.

We stayed quiet while on the road execept dad, he's trying to talk to me but I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone even him.
I didn't mind him and just listen to a music on my headphone.

Pagdating sa airport hindi na rin kami naghintay pa dahil sakto lang ang dating namin dahil ready na ang plane na sasakyan.

When we entered the plane I immediately looked for my seat and was glad that I am not next to them. Mom knew I would rather sit beside a stranger than share the same row with them.

I was getting bored and trying to close my eyes, after a few reminders of the stewardess the plane was officially launched.

Why they can't understand that! They shouldn't make decisions on their own without consulting me! I have my own needs and opinions too.

Is it really hard to get respect when you're just a kid?

Good bye for now, New York.

Author's Note: Typographical error, wrong grammar and spelling. Feel free to correct me on my mistakes, warnings, a slow updates for being busy. I promise not to have any mistakes on every chapter.

Desclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Any characters nor their names, situations, locations, places, incidents and any businesses aren't true and was just made by author's mind and how inspired she is. Please be open minded while reading this.