"I know but..."

"Ismena Aria Ariti! If you fucking apologize again, I'll send you to the moon myself". Lina hissed playfully glaring at Aria.

"Fine but you're not allowed on training grounds for two weeks"

"Fuck no. That'll kill me earlier than the whips ever could"

"Unless I kill you, Lina. You're not visiting Thea Seléni anytime soon."

"Well you're going to successfully send me to her if I'm not to train for two weeks."

"Don't test me, Lina".

"Alright. But you'll keep me company"

"Of course". Aria muttered, rolling her eyes as a smile formed on her lips. Lina smiled too. She knew Aria would be beating herself over her punishment and it would be worse since she went unconscious. Her tear stained face was enough evidence that she did feel horrible so she wouldn't let her blame herself some more and apologize to her like it was her fault. Before being her queen , Aria was her sister so she knew her very well and she respected her. A lot. That's why she wouldn't allow her feel obligated to apologize for being a queen because they're sisters.

*
*
*

Demitri swept Vier's feet harshly, causing his beta to fall on his butt.

"You're just kicking my ass since we returned from Ourà Fengàri. Is there an impending war or something?"

"Get up, Vier. We're just sparring".

"Oh no we're not. You are taking out your anger on me. It's either that or you're training for some big fight" Vier said, jabbing his finger on Demi's chest after getting up.

Wordlessly, Demi swang a punch in his way but this time he successfully dodged it and since he wasn't so focused,he also kicked him in the shin hard, sending him to the floor.

"Demitri, whatever is bothering you, take it out on someone else. I don't want to go back to my mate looking all bruised. I'm sure she's scared shitless right now because my body hurts and she's going to feel tensed. I hope you know that"

Again, wordlessly Demitri got up and made for the door, leaving his beta to himself. Vier heaved a sigh of relief. Relief that Demitri had finally listened to him but little did he know that his alpha only left him alone because of a simple word.

Mate

That word was as simple as it could be but it meant everything to the wolves.
Demitri left because he couldn't stand to hear anyone talk of mates when he didn't want his own mate. He'd lived his whole life thinking he was without a mate. That's what had happened. No alpha after the separation had a mate and he thought it was going to be the same for him but apparently oi moíres had other plans. They gave him a mate alright. But they gave him one he wouldn't want and as disrespectful as it sounded to Thea Seléni, he couldn't care less.

He headed straight to the bathroom when he was in the confines of his house. A mansion would best describe it. He hadn't ever felt lonely living in it since he became alpha. He didn't like the pack house though it was spacious and comfortable. His senses wouldn't let him live in peace because he hated the hustle and bustle in the pack house yet as he entered the shower,he wished he had headed to the pack house instead of his own house. He ran his fingers through his wet hair and down her face.
His wolf has woken up but Adonis was restless, pacing in his head, forcing images of Aria to pop up into his mind. She was the only person on his mind. He recalled how soft her porcelain skin felt in his hands and how their bodies fit perfectly together when she was pressed against his front. He was calm thinking of the few memories he had managed to make with her till the face of her chosen appeared. He slammed his hands against the wall, leaning his forehead on it.
Accepting that his true mate was his the queen of Ourà Fengàri would mean betraying his pack. Refusing to accept the pull and his mate would mean losing his wolf. He and his wolf were one. Losing Adonis would mean worse than death but he'd accept a vampire and a witch as his mate over his dead body.
He had to figure out a way to either cheat oi moíres or lose his wolf and he didn't want to lose Adonis. Adonis was the other part of him that made him immortal. The part that made him Àlfa Demitri. He wasn't going to lose him just like that.