"Besides," continued Klaus, "our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells. No— what we experienced was a test. Dahlia's watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner, rather than later."

"Nik," said Maddy impatiently. "Drink the damn tea. You may be strong and invincible but it's better we leave nothing to chance. Please."

He huffed like a complete brat, and she crossed her arms. "For once, don't be the odd one out. Everyone else did it. Please, Nik. It doesn't make you weak to drink tea for once in your life."

Like a scolded child, he took a sip. A single sip, but he still drank, and Maddy was satisfied.

"We are at a disadvantage with Dahlia knowing where we are," said Elijah. "Given the immense nature of her power, we simply do not know what to expect from her. What we need is to create a new stronghold. Something that Dahlia knows nothing about. A sanctuary from any witchcraft."

"That's a fine strategy," said Freya. "I offer another— Marcel knows the locals like the back of his hand. Chances are, if allowed to enter Maddy's mind, he could recognize some of those who were tainted by the kenning spell. Using them, we could trace her magic back to its source. Find out exactly where she is."

"How about both?" offered Cami meekly. "They sound like good ideas. I don't really have much else to contribute, I have to go to work soon..."

"That's alright," said Maddy kindly. "Thank you for being here... truly."

"It's settled," said Elijah. "Elena, Rebekah, and I will find a way to make the stronghold. Freya..."

"Kol, Bonnie, and I could perform the trace of Dahlia's magic," said Freya. "Once Marcel sees if he can recognize any faces. If not, it will be harder, but not impossible."

"We'll get a few wolves to walk through the city, to see what they hear," said Hayley, looking at Jackson, who nodded. "Can we get some of those teas to go, just in case?"

Freya assented. They all turned to Klaus, who just smirked. "Off you all pop to your respective tasks. Me? I've always been of the opinion that the best defense is a good offense. So, I'm going to find a way to murder that godforsaken witch. Elena, or Kol, one of you must send me Davina's contact information."

"What for?" said Elena, scrunching up her nose as she checked the time. "She and Jeremy are probably busy right now."

Klaus didn't seem to want to mention his plan in front of Freya. "You will see." He waved his hand, indicating for them to get going.

"I have to go back to work, too," said Jo, patting Maddy's arm. "But I'll talk to Vincent when my shift is up. Maybe he knows something that can help us. Maybe, just maybe, he can get us an in with the witches here so that we can have them backing us up."

Maddy winced. "But the witches are paranoid that my child will end up killing them. Is that a good idea?"

"They're gonna have to side with us on this one. Why help Dahlia when she brings them no benefit? The Mikaelsons can protect them if need be."

"Alright. If you think it'll work. You and Vincent are already getting close, huh?"

Jo blushed. "He just understands me. It's been nice." She nodded to her before taking her leave.

Maddy waited in the dining room for almost everyone to file out, sitting still so that Marcel could go into her head and see her memory of when the possessed humans had made their appearance. He hummed as he looked through their faces, before saying, "I found one," he said. "I know where she lives, I'll go and get her. Is that all?"