𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢, a desperate prayer

Start from the beginning

And when she finally spoke to him, she had breathed out his name so carefully, so innocently, the same way she had done when she was gasping underneath him only the night before.

And then he saw it again.

His younger brother on top of his wife, running his hands over her bare body, slipping inside her. And then he saw nothing but red.

"What are you–" she didn't even get to finish before he'd grabbed her by the arm and shoved her against the wall. "Zeke!"

She gasped when she felt the sharp burn of the pearls slicing through her flesh, as he ripped them off her neck.

Her words were caught in her throat as she looked at the mess of pearls strewn across the floor. Her heart was slamming against her chest and the ringing in her ears only faded when she looked up and saw his cold eyes looking at her with the most hatred she'd ever felt from him.

When he finally spoke, her stomach sank to the ground.

"I don't want to see him near you again." he hissed. "Ever."

"What are you talking about?" she gasped, refusing to look him in the eye, for the shame alone would be enough of a confession.

She nearly stumbled when he pulled her from the wall and shook her.

"You still dare to ask, when I know Eren gave you that necklace!"

Her face drained of color and he had to fight back the urge to throw her on the ground.

He'd hoped that it was a lie, that Pieck had simply misinterpreted things, but the look on her face, the sheer look of terror on his wife's face only confirmed the dreaded rumor.

"What?" she gasped, still feigning innocence, still pretending she wasn't in love with his brother, still pretending she hadn't betrayed him in the worst of ways.

In an instant, she'd been slammed against the wall, and then he noticed there was blood on her dress, from where? He didn't know, but he didn't care, all he could feel was the heat coursing through his body and the rage he felt that he had no evidence, no way to prove his wife's infidelity.

With his hand around her neck, she gasped at only one word through her mess of tears. "Zeke,"

He felt a pang of guilt for an instant, a moment of uncertainty, and for a second he questioned Pieck's words.

Was his wife, with her tear-streaked face and glassy eyes telling the truth?

"Zeke," she cried again, desperately trying to pull his hand away from her neck. "You're–You're hurting me!"

He choked out his last breath as he loosened his grip around her. That's when he noticed the blood on his hand, the blood had been smeared all over his wrist from some injury on her palm.

He could tell she was about to speak, but he jerked his head down towards her and the words he uttered next made her come completely undone.

"If I see him near you, if I see him look at you, if I see him so much as take a breath in your direction, I will chop off his head, and I'll throw you in a nunnery."