Brown had stolen one of the worker's vehicle keys and went right to where his wife was staying. When the attendants saw him on the scene at approximately 1:25pm, they immediately contacted the police and attempted to contain Brown. Unfortunately Brown met up with his wife who was in the garden. 

⚠️The couple were heard having an argument before Rebecca was witnessed by a nurse taking the gardening fork and stabbed Ian Brown repeatedly. The nurse explained that multiple workers had to hold Rebecca back even after her husband was visibly unresponsive. Staff and paramedics were unable to save Ian Brown. Rebecca was transferred to a local jail where she committed suicide that same evening. 

The article continued but I had to put the album down. Who were these people to Layla and why were there albums following their life? And if they were her parents then why wasn't she in any of them? Questions flew through my mind and I went to grab an earlier album to try to search for answers when I heard footsteps behind me. 

A surprised gasp left me as I turned to see Carlos slowly approaching. "Miss Kingston, Lady Holt is requesting for you." A breath of relief left me as I began to tidy up the albums. "I'll clean them. But Brielle..." I froze of his use of my first name as he had never used it before. "Don't mention what you found to her."

"But-"

"Trust me." He interrupted me with a serious expression. "Lady Holt is in the bedroom preparing for your dinner date. Will you be able to find your way back?"

My head nodded, unable to find my words. Without waiting for his reply, I quickly left the attic and went down the hallway. My path took me down a section I was unfamiliar with. Along the walls were family photos. Layla as a child, a man and a woman smiling next to her and others who I assumed were other relatives. 

Though nowhere on the wall were Ian and Rebecca. Maybe I had been wrong that they were her parents. Clearly the blond couple in the family photos were her parents, hugging her or standing next to her during various trips and graduations. 

I continued to the bedroom, not wanting to make Layla wait even longer for me. But the questions I had about Ian and Rebecca were still present. 

For dinner, Layla had chosen a baby blue, off shoulder dress for me to wear. She also gifted to me a little white Chanel bag as well as a pair of pale gold heels that sparkled as I walked. Something about the ensemble made me feel more princess-like then usual but I liked it.

Layla herself looked incredibly handsome in a grey-blue dress pants and blazer. I was pleased with the lack of a dress shirt beneath her suit, allowing the teasing peek of her breasts. As we sat in the restaurant, I tried to subtly get a better view as she sat next to me like usual. 

Suddenly she turned to me with a smirk. "Is something bothering you, princess?"

My head shook as I turned to look out at the view of the city. I took a sip of champagne to help hide the blush on my cheeks. 

She chuckled and placed her hand on my cheek. As she spoke, her hand slowly slid under my ear and into my hair. "How will we be able to eat when you look so obviously aroused, Brielle?"

Heat grew on my cheeks before I decided to make the first move. My body quickly leaned to hers and pressed my lips to hers. She happily responded to the kiss as her other hand came to my waist. My hand however lifted to grab the lapel of her blazer before it slowly moved to sneak through the open space. 

"Can I?" My lips whispered as my fingertips lightly brushed over her skin. 

Layla huffed a laugh. "You can always do anything you want to me."