three

I opened the app, curious of the woman who was interested in me. I looked at her profile before I read the message. Layla was beautiful. Short blonde hair and elegant features. She only had a few pictures but of the ones she had, she looked like the real deal.

Her photos weren't of her posing on beaches, yachts or flaunting whatever car she owned like other profiles. The first photo was of her on a balcony overlooking the city while holding a glass of wine, another of was a simple selfie in her car but no logos being purposely showed off and finally one of her on a forested trail with a large smile on her face.

Her profile read that she is familiar with sugar baby/momma relationships and was looking for a new sugar baby to spoil, preferably a woman. A lot of the fields for information such as her profession and income were blank. I found that odd considering all the men on the app loved boasting themselves through their profile..

I finally went back to my inbox and opened her message. My heart had picked up a bit, anxious to read what she said. 

Hello Brielle, 

I came across your profile and I think we would be a good match for a sugar baby/momma arrangement. I will provide an allowance, trips, gifts as well as companionship. Please let me know if you are interested as we can arrange a date and time to discuss the details of what you'd be receiving. 

I truly hope to hear from you.

Layla Holt

My mind felt a little light. She wanted to meet to discuss the details? I didn't think a meeting was necessary to be considered a sugar baby. I assumed the details were all shared through messages. I put my phone away not wanting to reply to her message yet.

I wasn't against being a sugar baby for a woman because honestly I was bisexual so that wasn't the issue. The issue was with being a sugar baby. Even with a woman, the idea still didn't sit well with me. Layla seemed nice enough but I still wasn't sure if this was what I wanted. 

Thoughts ran through my mind and various scenarios played out before I finally had thought about it enough to go to sleep. I wasn't sure how long I had been laying there, staring into the darkness while my mind ran wild. When I did finally close my eyes, I instantly fell asleep. 

*

The irritating blaring of my alarm brought me out from my deep sleep. My hand patted around blindly to hit snooze. Even though fifteen minutes wasn't long and it'd be a light sleep, I happily accepted it. 

When my final alarm went off, I blindly turned it off one last time before I forced my eyes open. I got myself out bed before I changed my mind and got ready for another day of work.

I had to grab an iced coffee before I went to work because I was almost dragging my body around. How long was I stuck in my own head? Made sense though, I had been overthinking about anything when it comes to relationships since before high school. 

Walking in the back door and punching in with my iced coffee in hand, I waved hi to everyone with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. Which was very little. 

Josh turned and smiled at me, amused by my lack of energy. "Good morning to you too, sunshine."

"Ha ha." I retorted sarcastically. I walked up to him only to have him point at my face.

"Are those dark circles?" He teased as I took a sip through my straw and smacked his hand away.

"Don't be a dick. I tried to cover them with makeup but I didn't get much sleep last night."