10

-Are you deaf? -asked Jiu

-N...no-replied Yoohyeon with an embarrassed head down.

-I convinced her, you can't live on the street Yoohyeon....

-But I don't want to be a bother

-You see Siyeon even she doesn't want to be a bother.

-Unnie...

She gave her a pouty look and at the moment she regretted it.

-All right, all right, let's get out of here.

Yoohyeon had no choice but to follow the two girls to the car. Siyeon sat in the back seat with Yoohyeon so that she wouldn't feel lonely.

-Let's drop Siyeon at home first.

-I thought you lived together...-whispered Yoohyeon but Siyeon could hear her.

- I sometimes sleep over at her house but no, we don't live together.

Siyeon said and saw Jiu raised an eyebrow in the rearview mirror.

There was an awkward silence that Siyeon tried to break by asking Yoohyeon questions.

-And how old are you Yoohyeon? Maybe you are older than us and we didn't know it.

-22

-Oh, then you are younger than us, I am 23 and Jiu is 24, you can call us unnies.

In a short time they arrived at Siyeon's house who said goodbye to both of them after getting out of the car.

-Thank you for everything.

-You know you don't have to thank me, this was all Siyeon's doing.

Yoohyeon didn't say anything else and just lowered her head because she was embarrassed. In a little less than half an hour they arrived at Jiu's house causing Yoohyeon to open her mouth in surprise at the house.

-Are you going to stay there or go inside?

-Sorry

Yoohyeon blushed for looking stupid looking at the house, she would have never imagined to enter such a house.

-Unnie, I'm home.

In a few seconds Siyeon's mother came to the door.

-Hi Minji, who is this pretty girl?

Yoohyeon blushed at the lady's compliment and bowed in greeting.

-Hello, my name is Yoohyeon, nice to meet you

-Oh what a polite girl Minji, is she your girlfriend?

-What?

Jiu was totally caught off guard by that question and Yoohyeon blushed even more at the question.

-N...no...I'm not his girlfriend... I...

-She's not my girlfriend unnie, you know I don't like people, much less relationships, she's going to stay here for a few days.

-Oh perfect, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask me for it.

-Actually unnie, I thought she can help you to do things around the house , so she contributes something and she doesn't live for free here.

-Oh yes, I'll help her with anything.

-All right, I'll tell you tomorrow, by the way Minji how come you came so early today?

-Well... there was a little problem and I had to leave work early-she said looking at Yoohyeon reproachfully, who automatically ducked her head-but it really saved me from having to put up with that bore Hongseok.

-Well, I'll prepare dinner in a while, shall I prepare a room for Yoohyeon?

-Yes, whichever one you want

-Okay, you don't have any luggage Yoohyeon?-said Mrs. Lee when she saw that Yoohyeon didn't have any suitcase or backpack in her hands.

-No...

Yoohyeon was about to continue talking but Jiu interrupted her.

-I'll have to leave some clothes for you-she let out a sigh-I'll be right back-she said and went to her room leaving them alone.

She started looking in her closet for things she knew she wasn't going to wear or didn't like very much. A yellow sweatshirt, a grey sweatshirt, a black short sleeved sweatshirt, 3 old black sweatpants, 3 black long sleeved t-shirts.... 1 black short-sleeved, 1 white long-sleeved ....

She thought that would be enough, she also looked for a pair of black and green plaid pajamas that her father gave her and she didn't like and another black one that she bought but never wore.

She went out with all that in her arms and asked Mrs. Lee which room she was preparing.

-Unnie, where are you?

-In the next room, Minji.

Without another word Jiu went to the room and started to put the clothes in the closets. Since it wasn't much clothes she finished quickly and went down to the living room where she saw Yoohyeon sitting on the L-shaped couch playing with her fingers nervously, making Jiu roll her eyes.

-Your room is ready, I've left you some clothes in the closets and two pajamas. Go upstairs and take a shower, you stink

Yoohyeon was caught totally off guard and Jiu's voice made her startle jumping up and down on the sofa itself. After hearing what Jiu said, she blushed a little and nodded.

-Which is my room?

-Going up the stairs on the left corridor at the back.

Yoohyeon nodded and made her way to her room. Jiu had come up with the idea that the taller one would help Mrs. Lee with the things around the house on the way to the house, of course she wouldn't let that girl just live in her house for free.

It didn't take Yoohyeon long to find the room, just as Jiu said it was at the back left. When she opened the door she almost let out a scream when she saw the room, it was beautiful. The whole room was made of wood, to the left there was a large black closet and to the left a window that opened onto a balcony overlooking the back garden.

After a few seconds she join the room and looked in the closets where Jiu had told her she had left her clothes, she took one of the pajamas and went to the bathroom where she got another surprise. She undressed and got into the shower and turned on the faucet, as soon as the water fell on her face she couldn't help crying.

She still couldn't believe what was happening to her, since her parents died when she was only 4 years old, no one had helped her, only the nuns of the orphanage, and just when Yoohyeon came of age they closed the orphanage and she never heard from the sisters Ally and Jihyo again.

After that is when she met Wooyoung, at first she thought he was the ideal boyfriend, until everything changed and he started to be too possessive, but everything got worse the day she met his family, her mother forced her to do the housework, she was treated like a servant.

Yoohyeon got a job at a 24-hour grocery store but it didn't last long because one day Wooyoung showed up at the store to pick her up when she was thanking her co-worker and was saying goodbye. He practically beat her up getting Yoohyeon fired.That's when the abuse from Wooyoung started, he even forced her to work at the Karaoke bar that her mother had opened.