"So are you going to tell them?" Bradley started, distracting himself from the dampened mood. If he occupied himself long enough then he wouldn't have to think about this until later.

Genevieve shrugged and looked down at her red painted nails to avoid their eye contact.

"You don't know?"

"I mean," she started, "If I tell them they'll just chase Jessie off, and while I'm usually pretty thankful for that, I'm not sure I want them to this time. Jessie's nice," she said, a smile unknowingly finding its way onto her face. "He's respectful, and funny, and things aren't complicated with him."

"What about Remus?" Toby interrupted. "Are things complicated with him?" At the confused look on Genevieve's face, the boy sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Gen, we know you like Remus. Why would dating him be such a bad thing?"

"Dating Remus would be the most stupidest thing I have ever done," she replied smoothly. Her eyes twinkled momentarily. "But wow, those freckles make me weak." When she realised what she had said and caught the two boys exchanging a glance with each other, she put her head in her hands and let out a loud breath of air.

"Look," she started quietly, suddenly feeling a lot more powerless, "I just want to feel loved by someone. And like, I'm not lonely or anything, but it just gets lonely watching everyone be loved and not actually experiencing it myself."

"But Genevieve," Bradley said sadly, "You are loved."

"It's not the same."

Just as Bradley was about to reply, the sound of heavy footsteps marching themselves into the library stopped him. Poking her head around the bookshelves, Genevieve spotted James walking towards their table with a scowl pulling at his face, his broom in his hand

"Genevieve Mary Lewis!" he scolded in hushed tones. "I have been looking all over for you. You're supposed to be eating breakfast before a match, not gossiping!" Before she could argue back, James was already dragging her from her seat and urging her towards the Great Hall.

"Good luck!" Bradley shouted after them, earning yet another hiss from an irritated Madame Pince.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The crisp air was becoming harder and harder for the Quidditch players to breathe in as they whizzed around in the air, their grips becoming tighter on their brooms and their jaws becoming more clenched. Flashes of green and red Quidditch robes swarmed the air like birds, weaving in and out of each other with precision and occasional brutality.

"Gen!"

Genevieve turned to the direction of Lin's voice just in time to see a Bludger heading for her head. With ease, she managed to hit it away from her and into the back end of Mulciber's broom. With a smile, she held a thumbs up in appreciation to Lin before focusing again.  From across the pitch, she spotted Sirius defending Marcus from a Bludger just as Slytherin were attempting to score. Marcus was able to block the Quaffel from entering the goal effortlessly, provoking an enraged boo from the Slytherin crowd.

Genevieve's green eyes became drawn to a Bludger quickly approaching James. Zooming towards the metal ball, she readied her bat and hit the Bludger away with just as much ease as she did the first time. From the stands, she heard Lily whoop loudly in support. Whether that support was for James or her, she wasn't exactly sure. Next to Lily stood Peter, waving at Genevieve as he caught sight of her looking at them. Genevieve waved back in response with a smile before returning her head back into the game. Usually, Remus would have been stood next to them in the stands, but the full moon the next day prevented him from attending the event.