you looked into his eyes. you could tell he was scared for what was to come. the possibilities were endless it seemed. you nodded your head. it was a no brainer that you were gonna have your costume with you, but you decided not to tell izuku you were already planning on it. "i will."

izuku whispered a 'good' like he was about to cry. "and promise me one more thing."

"yeah?"

"promise me that no matter what happens, you won't go out alone."

you looked back and forth between his two eyes before closing the distance between the two of you and placing your forehead on his. there, you just stared into his eyes while he stared back. the silence was mollifying, and nothing else mattered in that moment.

"y/nnnn!"

until it did.

you pulled your head back to look at riku who was skipping down the corridor. both you and izuku rolled your eyes in unison and watched him get closer and closer. he was dressed in an all black tux, which was usually something that was very attractive on a guy. riku however, just made it look plain and grim.

"is there something you need?" you tilted your head in distaste.

riku stood there for a moment and looked you up and down. izuku didn't even exist to him as he looked at the slit in your dress with wide eyes. when he looked back up at you, he smiled brightly and winked. "you're so breathtaking darling."

your hands were let go and suddenly, izuku's hands were snaking around your waist and stopped at your back where you were pulled closer to him. "excuse me?" he asked in shock.

riku however, didn't even acknowledge izuku. he didn't spare one glance at him actually. "we match y/n! isn't that cool?"

blinking, you placed your hands on izuku's chest and shook your head once. "no."

riku looked unfazed. "i like that you're so hard to get!" he started to walk towards you two and when he was close enough, he grabbed your wrist and tried to yank you away from izuku. "but let's go! they need us!"

"um what do you think you're doing?" izuku grabbed your other wrist and pulled you back towards him. the train of your dress flew back in momentum and slid across the floor before getting stepped on by both izuku and riku.

"grabbing her..?" riku finally addressed izuku. "are you blind?"

"yeah some audacity you have." izuku glared at him and tugged you a bit harder. "don't ever put your hands on her like that again."

riku glared back and tugged on you harder as well. "or what? she's not your property. she can be touched by anyone she wants."

"yeah but i don't really want you." you spoke out loud.

"you heard her." izuku said. "now let her go."

in retaliation riku pulled you again, which made izuku do the same. "she needs to be with me stupid! let her go!"

"no." izuku blinked once before activating his quirk and pulling you back towards him. you ended up losing your footing as riku's hold on you disappeared but izuku was already two steps ahead of you and caught you in a dipped position. "quit trying to get her. she'll always be mine."

while you slowly stood up still in izuku's arms, riku's eyes started glowing red. he clenched his fists while taking stammered breaths. "they need us over there." he said through gritted teeth.

you were so focused on the complete look of outrage on riku's face that you had almost missed izuku's response. you had never seen him so mad. you didn't even know he had the ability to make his eyes red. you were trying to backtrack to a moment where you might've caught them, but your memories came up short. 'is that apart of his quirk? i forgot what his original one was..' your eyebrows furrowed slightly in thought. 'emiko can do the same thing though.. so did he get it from her? no.. it can't be.. because emiko has teleportation..'