Chapter 23

"WAKE UP KID! I GOT A LOT PLANNED FOR YOU TODAY!" you hear along with banging on the door.

you groan and start to sit up, wanting nothing more than to sink into your sheets once again. once you rub your eyes, you get off the bed and stand up only to fall back down again.

'my fucking legs' you think while cringing in pain. yesterday's workout is really kicking in now.

"COME ON KID WE DON'T GOT ALL DAY! WELL WE DO BUT ONLY HALF OF IT." mirko yells.

"yeah yeah i'm coming!" you yell back. you stand back up and almost yell in pain.

"I KNOW YOUR LEGS ARE FEELING IT RIGHT NOW! THAT DOESN'T MAKE A GOOD EXCUSE THOUGH. MEET ME IN THE TRAINING ROOM WITH WORKOUT CLOTHES!" mirko yells as you hear her laughter go down the halls.

you groan and start walking to the bathroom. your legs are so sore it feels like they're both asleep.

you try to ignore the pain as you hop in the shower and do your morning routine. after you put on workout clothes, you look in the mirror and see your damp hair resting lose on your head.

'what do i do with my hair' you think while grabbing a strand. you sigh and just grab a hair tie, putting it into any style that keeps it out your way.
                                   ꧁꧂

"okay kid. we're doing something different today. for half of today i'm gonna teach you some new combat." mirko says while smirking.

you put your arms over your head and start pulling on them "what kind of combat?" you ask. you see mirko reach behind her back and smile wider.

"a weapon! how badass?" she says while holding her hands out in front of you. you look at the small widget in her hand and you raise an eyebrow at her.

"that's a weapon?" you ask. mirko just laughs and hands you the widget "press that button!" she says excitedly.

you look at the small button on the widget and you press it. you hear a clicking sound and the widget extends into a long metal staff.

"woah" you say while turning the staff in your hand. mirko claps, "a staff isn't it so cool? you'll look so cool when you master it!" she says.

"yeah. can't be to hard right?" you ask while twirling the staff in your hands.

"staff fighting is difficult. once you get a good grip on it you'll be able to go against people with swords, knives, all types of hand weapons! it's a great add on and a good skill to know." mirko lectures.

you hum and nod "you know how to weapon combat?" you ask. you hear another clicking noise and you're suddenly on the ground.

you groan and look up to see mirko holding a staff of her own. "of course hun. i wouldn't give it to you if i wasn't gonna teach you. now get up. we have a lot of work to do." she says.

you stand up and as she tries to knock you down again, you quickly jump back to avoid her.

"see you're already getting the hang of it! your quick reflexes will definitely help you out here." mirko says with a smile.

you nod and walk back to her "once you master basic moves, i want you to put your quirk into your weapon." mirko says.

you tilt your head "like a light saber?" you ask. mirko smiles widely and nods "exactly that! have you seen those movies too?" she asks.

you hum and hold your chin "i remember watching one when i was younger. people were fighting with glowing sticks." you say.

"and that's what you're gonna do!" mirko says enthusiastically. you nod and swing the staff in your hands.