Chapter 8

"ah man. i was totally hoping i could wear my hero costume." mina whines next to you. the sports festival is about to start and you're all sitting in the waiting room, waiting to be called.

"it's only fair we all wear the same thing." someone else in the room said. you nod in agreement. not everyone has a hero costume.

the door opened and iida came running in "everyone! get your game faces on! we're entering the area soon!" he reminds us all.

"midoriya." you hear. you move your eyes towards the door and see todoroki making his way to midoriya. "oh, hey todoroki" midoriya says.

"from an objective standpoint, i thinks it's fair to say i'm stronger than you." todoroki starts. everyone starts to tense and you stay silent. 'he's not wrong' you think while looking out a window.

"however, you got all might in your corner. i'm not here to pry but just know that i'll beat you." todoroki declares. the room is silent, tension is thick.

he then turns to you "rai" you don't turn your head but you move your eyes to the side to look at him. tension grows more thick as you two stare at each other.

"i don't know who you but you irritate me. i'll beat you as well to show you that i'm better than you." todoroki declares. you narrow your eyes and stand up, the scraping of the chair being the only sound to fill the room.

"i don't plan on your ever knowing me. we'll see who comes out on top, todoroki." you say, standing next to midoriya.

"what's with the declarations of war lately?" kaminari asked while kirishima stood up. "yeah, why are we all picking fights with each other all of a sudden?" he asks while putting his hand on todoroki's shoulder.

todoroki shoves his shoulder, causing kirishima's hand to retract from him. "we're not here to be each other's friends. this isn't a team effort." todoroki glares at kirishima.

you growl and glare at todoroki making him advert his glare from kirishima to you. "you're not wrong but you don't have to be an asshole about it. especially in front of the class." you say as you and todoroki have a glare down.

"wait a minute todoroki." you all look at midoriya "i don't know what's going through your head or why you need to tell me why you need to beat me. of course your better than me. in fact, you probably have more potential than anyone else in the hero course." midoriya says.

"midoriya, maybe your being a bit too hard on yourself" kirishima says while putting his hand on midoriya's shoulder.

"no. all the other courses will be coming after us. we're gonna have to fight to stand up. that's why todoroki, i'll be giving it my all as well." midoriya says with determination.

you grab midoriya's collar and put your hand on the door knob. you look back to see the class watching you in silence and you look at todoroki "that's how you declare war without being an asshole. take notes" you say with an annoyed voice. you open the door and push midoriya out and shut it once your out as well.

꧁꧂

"i didn't think there would be so many people here." midoriya says a bit frightened. "i hope we're still able to give our best despite all the eyes on us today!" iida says

"just another thing you have to get used to when you're a hero" you shrug with your arms crossed.

"present mic sure did talk us up didn't he? makes me nervous." kirishima says. "how are you feeling bakugo?" he asks as he turns to his blond classmate "not even worried. makes me wanna win this more." bakugo smirks.