Chapter 41

"i mean what would you say to him, todoroki?" midoriya asks as he looks at unlit logs with a frustrated expression.

todoroki stays silent for a moment before he speaks up, "it depends. to have a complete stranger try to change your mindset sounds like a pretty irritating conversation. what matters, are actions. you have to show him what you're trying to prove. if you're going to rely on words alone, then they better be incredibly powerful. what you say doesn't matter near as much as what you do."

midoriya stares at todoroki with a shocked expression before he thinks back on all might's words about how his actions back at the sludge incident inspired him.

midoriya smiles small and looks back at the unlit logs. "you're right. it's crazy, y/n told me the exact same thing. your advice was very similar to what she told me earlier." he says.

"if two people tell you the same thing, you should probably take it and run with it." todoroki says. midoriya nods "yeah, you're right. thank you, todoroki."

"of course. also midoriya." todoroki says, making midoriya look up at him.

"about y/n-"

the two boys turn their heads when they hear a yawn. they see you yawning as you walk towards your classmates who are already eating. you just got out the shower and decided to throw on a plain black sweater crop top with dark gray sweats and your iconic white sneakers, your hair in a low bun. (if you can't do that, imagine something loose for tonight :)

"hey y/n! cute outfit!" you hear mina compliment. "thanks, mina." you say as you throw your hands behind your head.

you make your way to todoroki and midoriya and crack your neck "hey you two." you say. both boys nod at you as you yawn again.
"hi y/n. tired?" todoroki asks.

"i want nothing more than to sleep." is all you say as you rub your eyes. the two boys are silent as you start grabbing food, humming a tune.

you go to pull out your phone when you realize it's not in your pocket "damn.. i left my phone back at the dorms." you whisper.

"what was that?" midoriya asks. you sigh in annoyance "i left my phone. i'll be back." you say before you walk away.

you continue to hum a tune as you walk back to the dorms, stuffing your hands in your pocket. you feel the breeze hit you as the sound of leaves crunching fills your ears.

you stop when you see kota wandering around the girls dorm room and you raise an eyebrow "what are you doing at the girls' dorms?" you ask.

kota slightly jumps before turning to you. he huffs and looks away "what's it to you?" he sasses.

you stare at him blankly "well first, you're a boy. and you're what, five? do they just let you wander wherever? these are woods." you say.

kota stays silent before scoffing "i was trying to find mandalay." he shortly answers. you hum as you start walking to the dorms. "well i don't think she'd be over here." you answer as you pass kota who just stays silent after that.

"why do you wanna become a hero?"

you stop in your tracks as you process his question. "to protect people" you answer.

"but why? you'll die." kota says in anger. you straighten your back as you don't turn to him. "even if i do, it'll be in vain." you say.

"that's stupid..." kota says. you turn to face him and stare at him "so you're calling your parents stupid?" you ask.

kota tenses up as you say that "you know too?" he asks. "yeah." you shorty answer.

"they left me..." kota says. he then turns to you and glares at you "they left me! i'm all alone.."