The Second Audition

Start from the beginning

"Hello! It is an honor to meet you, sir," he told Bang Sihyuk, bowing ninety degrees. 

Said man's eyes crinkled as he smiled and nodded. "It's nice to finally see you up close. I can already tell you're pretty talented. Shall we start?" he asked. 

Sangwoo nodded, straightening and taking his portable speaker out and playing District 9. He danced Bang Chan's part of the choreography, just going with the flow. He knew that if he focused too much on making sure the choreography was done exactly the way it was originally, he'd mess up. 

"Okay, stop. I think we've seen enough," said Sungdeuk. The boy nodded, running over to pause the music. He took a minute to breathe and compose himself. 

"What song have you prepared for us?" asked the unknown man. 

"It's a song called My Mind. It's in English, and the artist's name is YEBBA," he said slowly, wiping sweat off his forehead with his shirt. "Disgusting." 

"I'm sorry, what was that?" asked the unknown man. 

"Oh, I just sweat too much. Don't worry, though," Sangwoo said. "I'll be fine." 

"We're ready when you are," the CEO said. Sangwoo nodded and launched into the performance. 

(This is the song I'm referring to)

"My mind, my mind, you'll always be mine~" he finished and bowed. "That's it. Hope you liked it." 

The room was so silent that you could have heard a pin dropping. 

Was I too breathy? Too rough? I knew it was too risky. Damn it, he thought as he looked at the quartet in front of him. 

Why was no one saying anything? 

And then came the applause. One, two, three, then four; all of them joined in commending him. Their smiles were beyond just professional. 

These were genuine smiles indicating wonderment and pleasure. 

"Well done, Sangwoo-ssi," said the unknown man. "And I just realized that I haven't introduced myself to you. My name is Park Jiwon. I'm currently the CEO of Nexon. You've probably heard of the company. We give people money to put their games out there." 

"Wait-are you responsible for MapleStory, sir?" he asked, stars in his eyes. 

The older man smiled at the boy in front of him. "Not me, per se, but yes, this is the company which is responsible for the incredibly successful franchise. Are you a fan, by any chance?" 

"Very much so," Sangwoo said. "This might be out of line, but could you possibly arrange for me to meet the creators?" 

"Asking favors already?" he teased the boy. 

Sangwoo laughed sheepishly. "Not at all, sir. This is completely up to you." 

"I'll see if I can do something," Mr. Park said. "Keep up the good work, Sangwoo-ssi." 

"Will do, sir. Hope I never disappoint you." 

"I sure hope not," Mr. Park said, patting his back. 

Sangwoo smiled and bowed. 

"Well, I guess I'll be on my way, Mr. Bang," he said, looking at said man. The two men shook hands and he left. The CEO turned his attention to Sangwoo, who'd begun to nibble on his lip nervously.