Chapter 4

"Um, Marinette are you okay?" Alya slowly asked as she was looking through her locker.

Marinette huffed in an uncaring tone as she was digging in her locker through her stuff, "Yeah, I'm fine. Now, where is it?"

"Mari, you're acting so weird. I know Adrien was there and Juleka and Rose saw you were gone," Alya asked as Marinette has not mentioned about the evening.

"Did they mention that Lila was there?" Marinette stated as she was pulling out books and stuffed the back in the locker.

"Not this again. Lila isn't some evil witch. She was obviously there for the Agreste brand," Alya argues.

Marinette sighed as knew she couldn't convince Alya think differently, "But he didn't tell me. But of course, he didn't, he a spoiled blonde who does not have regard to other emotions or even his own."

Alya sighed understanding why she's hurt but still not understanding hers and Adrien argument. Alya however was confused by how much Marinette was distracted in her locker to put her full emotions in the conversation, "What are you even looking for?"

Marinette yelled in frustration as she could not find it, "My lucky charm."

Alya chuckled in amusement, "Lucky charm?"

Marinette froze as she heard Alya's tone in disbelief, "Yes, the one Adrien gave me I need it."

"Oh, right. The Lucky charm. The Lucky Charm from Adrien, the lucky charm given by Adrien to Marinette, Marinette's lucky charm." Alya grinned in amusement from Marinette's reaction.

Marinette was not amused, "The fact that it was made by him doesn't add a value that I don't hate him"

"Righhttt..." Alya says as she then sees Adrien entering the locker room without Marinette noticing. Alya took it a cue to leave them alone, "Whatever you say. Look I'm going to find Nino."

Marinette gave a suspicious look towards her wanting to suddenly leave. But with her urgency to find her charm she let Alya leave. Just then Marinette was relieved as she found her lucky charm as it fell out of her book.

"Good morning, Marinette," Adrien says as he went towards his locker as she was reaching down for the lucky charm.

Marinette quickly put the lucky charm behind her back and looked at Adrien, "Agreste."

"Mari..." Adrien frowned at her response.

"What? You don't have to explain anything to me," Marinette responded with an attitude in her tone.

"I know but I'm sorry. I know you saw Lila as my date for the brand. I should have told you. But I know messed up and your right I don't know how to not let people control me. I tried to deny you, but nothing ever made me feel so wrong. I can make it up to you," Adrien promised her.

"How?" Marinette shook her head as she crossed her arms with the lucky charm in hand.

Adrien's eyes went directly at it in her hand, "You were looking for that?"

Marinette bit her lip as she hid behind her back, "Of course. It's... It's my lucky charm since I gave you mine."

Adrien smiled as he pulled out his phone to text on a post, "Look I'm not going to lie to my fans you mean everything to me."

"You didn't post that," Marinette says as she pulled out her phone to see Adrien's post.

"You are right, you are honest. You understand me like no one else does. I'm crazy about yo. Marinette, I'm so sorry that I hurt you. And I will never do anything like that again just, please. Forgive me. I love you I'm not ashamed of the most amazingly talented and beautiful annoying person I know," Adrien smiled as he put his phone away.