9 He Ran Out of Salami

Start from the beginning

I sighed. "By the way, today's pictures didn't turn out so bad."

"You posted them?! Which ones did you post?"

"Not the ones with your boner, don't worry."

"Okay, good. We wouldn't want girls lining up outside, trying to get a piece of this."

I snickered. What a cocky bastard.

"You know, I'm right." He propped himself on his elbows, flashing a Cheshire Cat smile. His feet on the floor and legs spread got my heart racing. "...for such an intimate photoshoot."

"What?" I completely spaced out.

While I stared at him like a dumb idiot, realization settled over his eyebrows, and something dark blanketed over his entire form. The energy shifted.

"Whatchu thinking about?" He smirked.

"Nothing."

"Am I turning you on?"

"No."

He masked his groan with an indifferent sigh, reaching for another piece of salami. Unfortunately, he'd eaten all of it. "Damn it."

"I think you've had enough, pork breath."

"Why are you worried about my breath, Tinker Bell?"

"Tinker Bell?" I scrunched my nose with distaste.

"Have you seen your room?"

I smirked. "Have you seen yourself in my room?"

He rolled his eyes. "I was asking why you picked such an intimate photoshoot for our first day, dumbass."

"Oh! 'Cause it's all about strategy, you know?" I looked at the wall full of pictures. "I always study what other influencers are doing and how they get branded campaigns. Breakfast-in-bed is very popular for hotel ads, and there's so many luxury stays in LA. Go big or go home."

"That's very business-minded of you." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"I'm telling you, this is a lot of business."

"I thought it's more about posting pictures so other people can validate you."

"There's that too..." I walked back to him, staring at our socks facing each other. "I definitely seek that validation, I know that for sure."

"It's all bullshit anyway."

"No, it's just super difficult. The social media standards are so high. You have to constantly prove yourself."

"Why would you put yourself through that?"

"I don't have a choice." I knitted my brows at the obviousness.

"Said who?" He scoffed. "I understand why fake bitches like Stacy have to do it. They have no personality. But you have so much to offer.
Why would you lower yourself to what others think of you? You'll never be satisfied."

He was right. I knew he was, but it didn't stop me from wanting it. I didn't know what else to do. How else to be. Maybe once I reached that fame, and saw it meant nothing, then I could let it go.

"I've been to some influencer events with Luka for his own stuff, and I hated the people there." Ashton continued. "No respect. No manners. Just a bunch of spoiled, self-centered kids with too much time on their hands. You're the farthest thing from it."

"Well, Luka's an influencer and he's great..." I said. "They can't all be bad."

He shook his head, the corners of his jaw clenching. "You don't know anything."