CHAPTER 26

Chapter 26: Greenhouse

When my back landed on the soft mattress, my body instantly relaxed. It was a long, long day today. I was exhausted getting everything ready for tomorrow. Mabuti nalang at tinulungan ako ng Mommy at ni Inay Sita na kahit papano ay may alam din sa pagbe-bake.
I stared tiredly at the ceiling. Muli kong naisip kung para saan ang lahat ng pagod na ito.

I wanted to have a foundation before establishing my pastry shop in Nueva Caceres. Gusto kong bago ko pa maitayo iyon ay may naka-abang na akong customers. That's why personal reasons aside, I venture with Monica for that event.

Ang food processing company na sinabi nito ay isa sa mga negosyong pagmamay-ari ng mga Gozano. Its annual celebration is quite a big event and it will help me have the foundation that I wanted. Monica have given me the necessary details. We discussed about the menu and the number of guests. Aside from three sets of pastry, I will also make a customized four tier cake. Monica had discussed to me what the client desired.

When I was in Spain, tinatanggihan ko ang mga ganitong negotiation. I do customized cakes for weddings, birthdays and other occasions, but to cater a pastry menu for a big event is a thing I've never tried. I don't think I can make a set of pastries for over a hundred guests having only Jane and Alora as my helpers. But like what my Mom have said, I shall step up the game.

Ginugol ko ang buong linggo sa paghahanda. Bumili ako ng karagdagang baking tools and even ovens. The day before the event, I have prepared the choux dough and piped it in  baking sheets and let it rise overnight in a fridge. Technically,  everything was all prepared, with the help of Mom and Inay Sita. All I need to do for tomorrow is to bake the the choux dough, fill it with pastry cream and ganache, do some decorations and packed it presentably. I could have made the pastries beforehand, but I want the actual baking to happen right on the day of the event so that it'll be delivered freshly baked. Gabi naman gaganapin ang celebration so I have all the time in the day to do what is needed.

As for the cake, it's also stored in a fridge. The layering and decorations were all set up, but I might do some final touches tomorrow.

In exhaustion, my eyes involuntarily dropped close.
I needed to get rest as much as I can because tomorrow will surely be two times tiring than today.

"ARE YOU sure you don't need any assistance in delivering it to the venue, Lucy?" Tanong ng Mommy. Naninimbang ang tinig. Dad was standing beside her.

"I'll be fine, Mom." Ani ko habang inaayos ang pagkakalagay pastry boxes sa backseat. When every box was secured on its places, tumuwid ako ng tayo at sinarado ang pinto ng kotse. I walked towards the back of the car and opened the tailgate.

Two of our family's bodyguard were descending in the mansion's front step carrying the four tier cake.

"Careful..." I cautioned nang dahan-dahan nilang ilapag ang cake sa rear back compartment.

Tiered cakes are the most delicate package to deliver so I had to use Dad's Mercedes Benz Wagon with a wide compartment so the cake will have a secure space.

"You can bring a driver and two of our men with you to help you unload when you arrived at the venue." Dad suggestively offer.

"No need, Dad. Monica has her team waiting outside the venue. Sila na ang bahalang mag unload ng packages pagkarating ko doon." Nilinga ko ang kabuuan ng veranda. "Where's Dahlia, by the way?"

Mom subtly shrugged her shoulders. "Nagbilin iyon sa akin na huwag na siyang akyatin pa para sa hapunan because she's full and she wanted to sleep early."

I furrowed. "Sleeping after eating almost all the extra pastries I baked?"

Talaga bang balak magpataba ng babaeng iyon? Is she that serious to annoy her manager once she come back in Spain?