CHAPTER 10

The classical music played by an orchestra outside the mansion was faintly audible in my room. It  sounded so soft and sweet in my ears. The melodies made out from violin and cello were harmonized pleasingly.

Ang gabing ito ay nakalaan para sa Maschera. The event will be held just in front of the mansion. Our house was situated in the middle part of the hacienda at napapalibutan ito ng malawak at patag na lupain. The space preceding the mansion was covered with vibrantly green and trimmed grasses and it was wide enough to accommodate hundreds or even a thousand guests.

The masquerade ball will begin at exactly 9 in the evening. It was still 8:30, so, here I am in my room, getting glammed up for tonight's momentous occasion.

I stared at my reflection through the full-length mirror attached in the wall of my walk-in closet. Modesty aside, but I looked tenfold pretty than the usual. My eyes were smokey and lips were glossy and red.  My hair was curled and kept in an elegant bun with curled set of hair evenly separated from the center of my scalp and let it gracefully fell to both sides of my face. My nude sleeveless off-shoulder vintage ball gown looked simple, like how I wanted it, hence, I could pair it with an exquisite Cartier Toussaint necklace. It featured statement pieces of diamonds which balanced the simplicity of my ball gown.

"I'm happy and contented with my look tonight." Baling ko sa glam team na siyang nag-ayos sa'kin, "I'm all good, you can now leave me. Thank you."

Ngumiti ang tatlong babae at tumango. They uttered a couple of complements about my general appearance before they went out in my room.

Muling kong pinagmasdan ang sarili. I smile in anticipation upon thinking of seeing Sandro tonight. I know he will come. There's no need for a formal invitation to attend the Maschera because anyone could join. This event is literally for all. But on Sandro's case, I still  personally invited him to be my date so he should really attend and won't miss this for the world. I imagine Sandro and I dancing with the gentle and romantic melody of classical music played by the orchestra. I know tonight's going to be sweet and magical. I giggled inwardly. Oh, Sandro, what have you done for me to fall this deeply.

"Someone look so perfect tonight."

Dahlia's voice cut off my daydreaming moment. Mio dio! The mere thought of Sandro Benavidez makes everything so dreamy.

I turned around and saw Dahlia standing near the walk-in closet's door. She smiled and walked near me. I was awed by her beauty. She's in her red stiletto and gothic-inspired long black gown which featured a thin strap sleeves, scandalous plunging neckline which showed off her blessed chest and a high slit on the center which gave way to show off her long and firm legs everytime she walked. With her hair kept in a high ponytail, smokey eyes, bold red-painted lips, her entirety screamed sexiness and seduction. And, oh! Her Serpente Viper necklace from Bvlgari's latest collection was everything!

Zenaida Dahliarose was a walking goddess! But of course I did not voice that out. Instead, I rolled my eyes on her and set my eyes back to the mirror in front of me.

"You can't bribe me with complements, Dahl."

She chuckled and stood beside me. "I know you're still mad and upset for the things I said about the man you're obsessing about, but I said what I said, brat, and you know I'm not taking my words back, ever." Her tone was gentle, yet certain.

It had my eyes rolled once again. That's Dahlia. She awfully hate to eat back something she already spit so she'll never be sorry for her words and opinion.

"Quit rolling your eyes, little brat." Aniya at kinuha ang puting maskara na nasa vanity at pumwesto sa aking likuran,  "Display your best expression now dahil ilang minuto nalang ay mag sisimula na ang ball and Tita has been calling us. Tayo nalang ang hindi pa bumababa. Avelino and Anda are already outside." She carefully settled the mask in front of my eyes and tied the straps behind. It was a white half-mask adorned with feathers and some pearls.