CHAPTER 37

Dedication:

To my friend, Candy,
my very first reader.

-ioniehann

___

CHAPTER 37:  Tears

Punto de Vista: Luzeda Xiamara

"Emiranda!"

Nawala bigla ang aking antok nang hindi inaasahang mabungaran si Anda sa kitchen. Nagtitimpla ng kape. Agad ko siyang nilapitan and gave her a bear hug.

"You're really here!" Masaya kong bulalas. "Is Dahlia with you?" Tanong ko matapos kumalas sa yakap.

Tumango siya. "She's in the guest room. Kagabi lang kami dumating. You're already sleeping so we didn't wake you up."

"Thank God and she'll finally show herself up to me!" It was a sound of mixed relief, happiness and frustration. "Does that mean she'll stay here for the rest of her pregnancy?"

Nagkibit ng balikat si Anda. "She won't tell me her plans." She took a sip on her coffee and lowered it on the level of her chest before speaking again. "She just blurted all of a sudden yesterday morning that she wants to go back here. She missed you and Thaigo, for sure."

Thiago and Dahlia haven't seen each other for awhile. Sa katunayan ay isa si Dahlia sa hinanap ni Thiago sa pagdating niya mula Spain. The two quite have a motherly connection with each other.

"Speaking of, I missed that handsome little man so much, where is he?"

"Still sleeping soundly in my room. Hindi ko nalang muna ginising."

"It has been so stressful lately. I need a bear hug from him." She murmured and pouted.

I chuckled shortly. "Kung ganon, sa'yo ko ibibilin ang anak ko ngayon so you can hug him all you want. I'll be in the pastry shop all day."

Anda squealed with delight. "That won't be a problem. It's been awhile since I last look after Thiago." She paused for awhile and half-raised her cup of coffee. "Coffee?" She offered.

Umiling ako at ngumiti. "I'll go see Dahlia first. We have a lot to talk about."

Agad akong pumanhik sa taas at nagtungo sa silid na inu-ukupa ni Dahlia. I didn't bother knocking and just barged in.

"Dahlia, you!— wench." Naibulong ko ang huling salita nang dumako ang aking mata sa kama. As much as I want to scream at her face and call her names as my greetings of welcome, I didn't have the heart to do so seeing her in deep slumber.

Nagbuntong hininga na lang ako at tahimik na lumabas ng silid. I'll just talk to her tonight when I get home from the pastry shop. Subalit hindi iyon nangyari dahil sa aking pag-uwi ay tulog na naman ito.

I glanced at the wall clock. "Seriously? It's still eight yet she's in deep sleep?" A bit annoyed and amused at the same time.

"She's been sleeping alot lately." Ani Anda na kalalabas lang sa bathroom. She's only on a robe. Kinukuskus ang basang buhok ng puting towel. "Kung minsan nga ay gigising lang 'yan pag kakain na or if she craves over an out of this world food." She hissed and walked straight to the vanity. "She's gaining weight, obvious, but she doesn't seem to care."

Nawala ang annoyance na umusbong sa'king dibdib kanina. If there's anyone who can relate to Dahlia's situation right now, that would be me. I, too, once became pregnant and Dahlia gave nothing but patience and tolerance for my overflowing hormones.