CHAPTER 34

Damian's pov

"Amaya" i stood up running fingers through my hair. While mom was still under state if shock. Amaya finally reached the ground floor. She was still in disbelief.

"Can someone talk please because i dont get it. Did i just hear it right? Are you really my mother?" she said. She was so angry.

I looked at mom, she was broken. But it wasn't my place to talk, it was between her and her mom to talk.

"Yes, its true my dear. I am your mother" mom uttered with a sob.

"How, i don't understand" Amaya replied.

"Sweetheart, i can explain" mom said approaching her.

"Don't" Amaya stopped her by using her hand. Mom stopped on her tracks and looked at me. I couldn't say anything so I just stood there.

"How could you do this to me. All that time you knew i was your daughter! And you" she faced me. "How could you hide something like this from me, i trusted you with all my life Damian" she cried. Fuck! I knew i had fucked up.

"I am sorry" was all i could say.

"Yes you are" she replied sarcastically and even smiled.

"It's not his fault but mine please dont get mad at your husband. It was nit his place to to tell. I understand if you wont accept me in your life and may be i don't deserve to be a mother to you. But just know that, ever since you were taken away from us, i did all my best to look for you. God knows how much I suffered knowing that you are may be dead or alive somewhere or may be if you have eaten or go to school or if you are happy. I literally thought about everything.But never in my life did i ever think that you were that close to me until i found out recently that you aremy daughter. Amaya, my daughter please forgive me." She hugged Amaya but Amaya didn't hug her back.

"Does my father know about this?" She asked as she pushed mom away from her.

Mom nodded at her, Amaya closed her eyes and tears ran down her face. She must have been so much hurt.

"All my life, all i ever wanted was a mother and a father. A real family. It was not easy growing up in that orphanage where each day you wake up with hope of getting adopted but everyone else get that chance but not me. Was that too much for me to ask?" Amaya stated with a cry. I felt so bad. Oh goodness! I wish i could erase that pain from her.

"Am so sorry" mom said crying and hugged her again. They both cried. I just stood there watching them. Then after a while i approached them and hugged both of them.

"I am sorry love" i stated.

After a while Amaya and mom sat on the coach and we explained to Amaya everything.

"How could your father be such a monster" she said. "I cant believe he took his revenge on me. I was just an innocent child" Amaya said.

"I will make sure he gets what he deserves. I promise you" i told Amaya.

"I will make him pay for what he did to you sweetheart" Mom told Amaya.

"Mother" Amaya said to her. At first, we were all surprised to hear that. But all of our faces turned to smiles. She finally understood after we told her everything.

"Yes, you are my mother and i dont have any reason to deny that or not to accept that. You were manipulated by both dad and him. I have loved you ever since i met you and that will never change" with that they hugged and cried tears of joy.

As days went on Amaya and mom grew a strong bond together. They spend most of the time together and Amaya even got so much better. It was like she found a new purpose in life that kade her recover form the trauma she had after loosing our baby. I was beyond happy to see them together.