CHAPTER 16

Amaya's pov

"Excuse me, i would like to call for your little attention for a quick and sudden announcement. You see, i called you all tonight for this little celebration you as my close friends in order to introduce this beautiful woman beside me." He looked at me adoringly and i smiled at him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Amaya. My one and only heir and long lost daughter" i heard people gasped and clapped hands. I just smiled at them and my dad hugged me. I hugged him back and he whispered to me "Thank you for this". "You are welcome" i waved hands to the guests and they came each one by one saying hello to me until one man came to me and he said "Dont trust him, he may be your father but ..l" he couldn't finish his sentence, he was cut of by my dad "Oscar, so nice to see you here. However my daughter needs me for now". I wondered what was up between the two of them.

"I was just saying hello to your beautiful daughter. I must say she is a goddess" Oscar flaunted and i just shook my head.

"My genes" my dad added and i looked at him with disbelief.

"So i will see you around?" Oscar asked me. I just nodded and he left.

"Don't trust him, he is working with my enemies" my eyes widened.

What was my dad really involve with for him to have enemies? I kept on thinking. I needed to act so cool. I needed to gain his trust for him to tell me everything. So i will just act like i dont care about anything else than him. Yes! That is the only way to find all the answers to my question.

"Dont worry dad, he wont be a problem" i answered him with confidence. He nodded.

"Now, i need you to meet some of my partners" dad took my hand and dragged me with him. He introduced me to his partners and he even mentioned that i will be the next CE0. I was startled to hear that. CEO?

"Dad, i dont think it's necessary for me to become a CEO, i dont even know anything

about being one. I mean i took my majors in Marketing" i reasoned out when we were in his study.

The party had ended and all people left. "Sweetheart you can do this. That is why i am here" he said holding my hand.

"Why not any one else?"

"You are my only daughter and heir. I cant leave the company with anyone other than you my princess" i smiled.

"Okay" i said. He smiled widely "but" i said and his smile fell "Assure me one thing" he nodded. "I want to have my freedom back. I will stay with you though" he looked kind off not agreeing to it but eventually he agreed.

"Really you will stay?" His face lot up with a smile and i nodded.

"Yeah i will stay dad" he came and hugged me.

"You wont regret this sweetheart" he sod behind my back and i told him thanks.

The next morning i woke up to a bunch of clothes, shoes and jewelry and makeups in my room.

"Good morning your highness" the woman form yesterday stepped out of the closet and smiled at me. I looked at her dumbfounded, what was she doing here.

"Just call me Amaya" i was irritated by all these official name. I am no ones highness for God sake.

"I am afraid i cant call you that" she said.

"Mr. Knight is waiting for you by the garden to have breakfast with you" my eyes widened.

"What is the time?" She looked at her watch and told me it was past 9 am.

"I will be ready" she nodded. "Do you need any help your highness?" I rolled my eyes.