18 - Bronze Medal

You sighed as Recovery Girl wrapped your shoulder and collar bone in bandages. She stopped for a few moments before joining back to her work, she'd do that from time to time.

"Sweetie, I was told what happened to your shoulder." She said, you looked over to her. "But, I would have thought Bakugo's quirk would have done more damage, he doesn't seem like one to hold back."

You blink. "I'm sorry?"

"Well, your wound isn't as bad as they said it was. In fact, without my help at all, it's almost healed. It'll be like a bad sunburn at least, but it most likely won't scar." Recovery Girl said.

"Oh...that's odd?" You say, crossing your eyebrows.

A small rumble came from above.

"That's being going on for a while. The two boys started fighting a while ago. There was a lot of movement down here during your match as well." The old lady sighed. "Okay, I'm all done now."

"Thank you." You rolled your shoulder back and left the bed, walking out.

When you made it back to the stands, Kirishima engulfed you in a hug. You felt the air squeeze out of you.

"Hey! You did so well out there! When you flew away, that was scary. I'd thought Bakugo had killed you...but you're alive!" He said, hugging you.

"Yes, but I won't be for long if you keep hugging me like this." You say, patting his arm.

A another rumble shook the entire stadium, you looked over the red-head's shoulder at the pile of ice and smoke.

"How much did I miss-"

"Quit screwing around!" Bakugo's voice suddenly yelled. "Didn't I tell you there was no point, damnit!"

You lightly jogged over to the railing to peer over at the boy. Sure enough, Todoroki was lying in a pile of his ice with Bakugo lifting up the collar of his shirt, yelling at him. He sounded as if he was about to cry.

"To get first place like this..LIKE THIS!"

Bakugo then fell to the ground, dropping Todoroki. Around him, pink mist filled the area. Midnight was using her quirk. She walked towards the two boys, looking at them for a moment.

"Todoroki is out of bounds! Bakugo wins!"

Doesn't seem like he wanted to win...

***

"Isn't that...a bit much?" You asked as soon as you saw Bakugo in chains and in a mouth guard.

"He's been acting like this ever since he woke up." Cementoss explained.

"Still." You say, taking you place on the 3rd podium.

When Todoroki arrived, it was even worse. Bakugo tried to break out of his restrained to attack him. You looked around and couldn't see Iida anywhere, but you remember that Midoriya said he had to go for some family thing.

When the podium rose through the ground, the flashes of camera's and the cheers of the crowd overall blinded and deafened you. Every now and then, you'd look back to Bakugo. 
There was a growing feeling creeping up on you. It wasn't love. Ha, that was for sure.

Was it pity? Sympathy? Humor?

You couldn't tell.

When you looked to the grounds at all your friends, you gave them a light smile and waved your fingers at them. Kirishima and Mina happily waved back.